Adsense Rejection

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Jeremy Gill profile image92
    Jeremy Gillposted 9 years ago

I'd appreciate any advice for my problem: I was rejected by the Adsense program. They tell me the reason is "insufficient content." It feels odd to me, since I have 30 featured Hubs; from the research I've done, this seems like it would be more than enough. Perhaps my newness here is also a factor? I've been on HubPages less than a month, and that may be affecting it.

1. Daniel Avedon profile image73
      Daniel Avedonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello Jeremy and my fellow Hubers. I am also worried. What are the optimum requirements for a Kenyan Huber to be accepted by ad sense? Do the rules differ?

Jeremy Gillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Daniel, I've heard it can be harder to get it if you're located outside the United States, but your profile says you're in Texas, so I don't think that'll be a problem. HubPages recommends having at least 10 Hubs, which you do, but maybe these days 30-40 gives a better chance. Hopefully we both get in soon!

Thank You. I will keep on publishing and trying. I understand t nothing good comes easily.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You missed a key element in your research:  time.   You need at least 20 Hubs AND the oldest one must be at least one month old.

Hi, Marisa. I saw that, but it was listed as a recommendation, not a requirement. I thought a few extra Hubs might offset being a week or so away from that deadline. Regardless, thank you for your input.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

For the last year or so, I haven't seen anyone get approved with less than a month.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As some people have mentioned, insufficient content can mean too little content, too few high quality Hubs, or that the account is too new.

We general suggest 15-20 featured Hubs and an account that is a month or older before applying for AdSense.

2. paradigm search profile image53
    paradigm searchposted 9 years ago

You have 30 hubs and are from the USA. That should have been a lock! Either it is a mistake or things have really gotten grim as of March 2015. sad

I agree; things sure do seem strict nowadays. Hmm, do you think I should contact them and ask for more specific advice, or simply wait a bit, create a few more Hubs, and apply again?

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

On a two week old account, the rejection is not a surprise.  That's 30 Hubs not pulling enough traffic yet.

I believe you're correct, Relache. Hopefully I get in soon, and thanks for the comment.

3. paradigm search profile image53
    paradigm searchposted 9 years ago

Any thoughts I have at this point are pure speculation. Maybe their unspoken requirements now includes that the applicant must already have some traffic; I just don't know. As for when to poke the bear with a stick again... I hope HP Staff can come along here and give some concrete advice.

It's interesting trying to get into a program without knowing the exact requirements. It's a different experience than applying for a job, where typically the expectations are laid out for you. Regardless, thanks for you help!

Hello concerned Huber. You are not alone in this. Personally have been here 14months ago and ad sense still keeps on rejecting me. I have published 26 hubs and the majority of the score 65-83 with a traffic almost hitting 6000 by today.I just dont know what to do in order to be accepted. Anyway, writing and publishing is my passion. Guess Il continue publishing and trying

I'm sorry it's taking you so long to get in, Daniel. Lets keep trying; eventually I bet we'll make it.

4. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 9 years ago

I don't think it is insufficient content, I think you just haven't been here long enough. Your profile states you've been here 2 weeks. I think you should apply again after your account is more like 6-8 weeks old. The fact that you have 30 hubs is great; but Google also wants to see that you've been on the web more than a couple of weeks.

I agree; I just wish they had a category that stated so. Like instead of listing "insufficient content", say something like "limited experience". Still, I'm confident I'll make it in eventually. Thanks for your advice!

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I notice that you have a personal website.  If it is older than this account.  I wonder if you could apply for Adsense using that site and then use it on this account.

Good idea, but I'm afraid that I started both of them at the same time, so they're pretty new. I'll keep trying, and one of them is bound to get in eventually!

5. tlcs profile image61
    tlcsposted 9 years ago

Content also comes into it, you need to have enough content in your hubs and quality so the reader stays on your hubs. I suggest going through your hubs and checking that they are as you originally wrote them. If you have opted for the editor to approve your hubs then I have noticed on my hubs that some of the content gets removed or replaced, it is worth checking the quality and quantity of your hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)