Half-way to 100 followers on HubPages in three weeks
Connecting with Hubbers
© May 2012
This should be short and sweet since I'm simply taking this opportunity to congratulate myself on reaching a first milestone. It took me three weeks to get to the half-way to 100 followers point. Most of you probably do it in one, but well me, I easily get distracted and off I go chasing other rabbits so to speak (i.e. Google Plus and Knol, Smashwords, and Facebook). Okay, I confess that I have "Internet ADD".
I believe the best shared secret for success on HubPages is interaction with other Hubbers. The system they have in place makes this easy. If you want more followers, you just need to observe the golden rule and "do unto others what you want them to do unto you", another words, be a follower. I've discovered there are lots of very talented writers here. I'm aspiring to be one of those, but for now I'm only an apprentice, studying and observing those on the top, so that hopefully one day the highly treasured 100 score will accompany my photo on HubPages home page.
Here are six things I've learned to help grow your fan-base:
1. Read articles that interest you and take the time to leave the author feedback. By posting a comment you create an automatic link directly back to your profile page.
2. Click on authors' names to read their profiles. If your minds mesh, hit the follow button and be sure you leave fan mail that includes a personalized comment. This is a wise practice because these show up on the authors' profile pages after they approve them. You are in essence leaving your footprints behind for others to find and track back to you.
3. Post questions on the forums and respond to questions from others. Be an active participant in discussions.
4. Write hubs on topics you feel strongly about, on controversial subjects that others will want to respond to, and on things you have extensive knowledge of.
5. Join clubs or groups, such as Hub Hoppers on Facebook.
6. Share your articles and others that have your comments on social networks (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, MySpace, etc.) Don't do too much of this on the same network on the same day though or it will be considered spam.
More by this Author
Learn how to make a variety of delicious banana split desserts, from the cool traditional kind, to a warmer more gooey treat. Includes lots of topping suggestions to create your own one of a kind banana ice cream...
Many angels come and go in life. Whether sent by God in a moment of need to lend a helping hand, or those on a more permanent assignment who are beside us every day continually enriching our lives. Did you know you...
Tall Bearded Iris Growers - Hobby Gardeners Guide. Learn how to plant and care for tall bearded irises. Includes tips on planting care and instruction, fertilizing and using mulch, weed and pest control and...