jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Arranging photo capsules within a hub

1. Anonymous00 profile image78
    Anonymous00posted 4 years ago

Hey everyone. So I've been pondering lately. When it comes to arranging our photo capsules on the physical page of our hub. Is there any way to display pictures side by side? I read recently that there was previously a slideshow feature that has since become unavailable. At the moment my photo's seem to display in some sort of 'automatic right-justification' setting, straight along the right hand side of the page. There remains entire free space on the left side, but no way to arrange a capsules next to pictures present on the right. Is this simply a limitation or are there suggested procedures or workarounds to accomplish this? I'm not sure if HTML is allowed in our hubs, but any sort of workaround would be ideal because I think it would add to  a much cleaner, polished, and presentable looking piece of published material. Thanks everyone.

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The only way is to create a 'combined' picture that adds both pictures together side by side.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I'd suggest copy and paste the photo's in a photo editor, to be side by side then upload it smile Also, did you use the arrows to see if they can float to be side by side? I've never tried it but just a thought.

3. Anonymous00 profile image78

Thanks smile I tried using MS Paint to manually take the photos and place them side to side. The only issue is the quality turns out horrible when the file is then downloaded back to the original parameters. I'll go ahead and try to see if the arrows have any functionality. In the hubs editor it seems like I can only move my photo up, down, or to the right, or straight across. There seems to be no option for moving the picture to the left. I'll take another glance right now. Thanks for the tip smile

Yep - MS Paint can suck when combining pictures. Try using some Photo Editing software or one of the top art programs - there's a free one from Google I believe that is pretty decent!

4. Anonymous00 profile image78

Well that's certainly a definitive answer. That's what I was assuming. It's unfortunate because I know that the quality will suffer as a result. I attempted to do that yesterday and found that even if the file is then split and cropped in MS Paint, when resized back to original, the quality of the photo is distorted. But thanks so much for providing conclusion to this. I'll have to think of something nifty and original to hopefully compensate for this drawback. Just to confirm. we can't use HTML tags in hubs or have any access to an 'advanced' page editor, correct? Those features aren't provided I would assume?

Nope - no HTML other than very basic formatting with text modules - the idea being that advanced users of HTML can (and do) place some very nasty code that effectively can circumnavigate many of the TOS of Hubpages....

1. Anonymous00 profile image78
        Anonymous00posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ofcourse, this is true I understand. No issues with this because it is indeed entirely understandable. Thanks for everyone's valuable input smile

working