Gaming the System?

1. ptosis profile image78
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

I've notice that when I first publish a hub the traffic on the first day is nice then drops off dramatically. that's because Hubpages puts the new hubs on its homepage.

Well - I  was thinking - deviously -  that instead of updating my hubs that I should unpublish them, update with new stuff - hopefully an improvement - then republish them to 'game the system' on getting that hub on the hubpages homepage for at least one day. I know that this is all for nothing because I'm should have a green hub. But since I'm updating them anyway I figure a 'cheat' might make it turn green?

I'm going to update my hub on hiking in bear country and although I'm just adding a video and my latest experience (black bear was 25 feet away) - I'm also going to do a major change on my hub about my dog Chuggers (he saved my life!) The two are related in the incident 3 days ago.

Tip: Do not sleep where you eat. That's a no-no.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Even if you unpublish them, the original publish date remains the same and the system still identifies them as having originated on their very first publication date and does not treat them the same as a brand-new, first published Hub.