jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Question about duplicate content alerts (probably a Paul question)

1. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

So, I've been putting the Hub team's hard work to good use, chasing down some folks who have appropriated content from my hubs without permission.

How often do those dupe content scans/alerts update?  I'm asking in regards to the fact that I've successfully gotten a few other sites to take down my plagiarized work, but my Hubs are still showing the alert that content is duplicated.

How long will it take those alerts to clear once the offending pages come down?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Don't bother answering this, Paul. 

Since it's been two days, it's obvious that HubPages gets their alerts from whether or not Google still has the content in their cache and doesn't actually look at the offending, or formerly offending, website.

3. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 7 years ago

At the same time you ask that your content be removed request that they update their robots.txt to exclude the offending page, otherwise the page could survive in the Google cache for months.

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

We recheck hubs every couple weeks.  Eventually the notice should drop off if all the copied pages are removed, but it may take some time.  At some point we'll either speed this up, or add an "ignore" button that removes the warning on a per url basis.

5. 0
    newsworthyposted 7 years ago

Hi and glad to see the topic;

I am not clear on posting content from another website, even if it is your own.  Not sure if the guide isnt clear about it, or if I want it to not be clear.

I am trying to get through the guides and trying to study the practices of HP.

Is it a sin to post duplicate content if it is your own?  I sure dont want 10 Hail Marys or 20 Our Fathers to stall me!  Yet, wanna make progress.

Thanks for your advice.

6. 0
    newsworthyposted 7 years ago

Ok ok ok  I got the message.  :-)