Existing Hubs no longer indexed

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)
  1. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 years ago

This post was made by LiveWithRichard on another thread. 

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/104307#post2218032

I'm aware the other thread is not monitored by staff and I do feel Richard's experience is worth investigating, for all our sakes!  He's an experienced blogger so is likely to know what he's talking about.

1. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Marisa... Simone made a post earlier letting us know that we can allow our Zzz'd hubs to be featured on our profile pages...  this will allow them to be indexed through our profiles.  She also warns that allowing this 'may' have negative consequences.  Since HP has provided ZERO proof of these negative consequences, I've made the switch. 

I have been working hard to get my content more social mentions and Jacharless (James) has come up with a great idea in this thread http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/104364 

Of course this is just a start, but you connect that FB Branded page to your HP Profile where you can edit the FB link.  Of course this is only important if you want to keep your personal FB segregated from this place.  You can also link that Branded page to a Twitter account but you will have to manually post to G+...  MY Hubpages profile is linked to my branded FB page which is linked to my Twitter account which links to my G+ which I have used to claim authorship back here on HP.... big circle and not even sure if it will make a difference but its better that I do something than wait for HP's game plan...

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Richard, I understood your post to be about Hubs that were not Zzz'd?

1. livewithrichard profile image72
          livewithrichardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The post you linked to up top was about all my content that was not Zzz'd... I theorized that the noindex that was placed on my idled hubs was leaking to all of my content as a consequence.  I posted screenshots that showed my hubs were showing up as 'related hubs' in other hubbers pages but my original content was nowhere to found. 

Paul E. showed me today that they are being found with the exact same search I made 'site:profilename.hubpages.com' but this was not the case 2 days ago.  I have fetched my content manually through webmaster tools, created the social loop explained above, and made the adjustment on my profile page to allow idle hubs to be featured, thus indexed. 

I think I need at least a couple weeks to make any conclusions on how all this is going to affect my content here but I will be closely monitoring traffic and social mentions.  I have completely avoided any backlinking, I'll let that happen as natural as can be, and it makes little sense to use other methods such as guest posting, forum, and blog commenting for individual hubs.  There is just not enough time in the day for this. 

Other suggestions made by Paul E make sense as well and some are just a matter of taste such as the lead in with a picture.  For me, as an experienced searcher, when I go to a page I want to see right away if the content is relevant to what I'm searching for.  The picture is just fluff and it though it only takes a millisecond for me to scroll down, I get an immediate impression of what is to follow.  I prefer a lead in with content with a picture to the side.  Breaking up longer text module into smaller ones may help as well.

@Pearldiver  Taking advantage of the new Ratings module might be of help with your Poem hubs by adding the new 'Ratings' module immediately after your final text module.  The 'Ratings' module will be crawled as a 'Rich Snippet' and can possibly give you a boost in the SERP's.  The 'thumps up or down' is just for internal ranking and has no affect on Google.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

Good On You Guys!

I really appreciate that others whom I consider to be highly respected, have similar concerns and opinions that are un-fudged and support the level of practical and realistic common sense, that I had previously found as being one of the most beneficial reasons for writing here..

I really struggle with understanding the logic of certain others, when the ink that their logic is written in, is clearly, by everything I have learned in my life, substantially smudged!  sad

So... genuinely.... thanks for your efforts.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)