jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

The Hot, Best and Latest section in Topics. I miss it!

1. Escobana profile image87
    Escobanaposted 4 years ago

Anyone else missing this feature? I don't even understand very well, where to start this discussion in the forum.

I know Hubpages is changing many things and most of these changes I like or I don't but taking out the easy way of searching for latest Hubs or best ones, is an absolute bummer to me.

I read other discussions about it in the forum and I wonder....Can Hubpages please undo this? I'm sure many of us miss it.

2. jacharless profile image82
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

Those items are still active, just not immediately linked to a profile//site.

They also appear as RSS feeds by adding ?rss to the end of the above links

Escobanaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks James! I still prefer the way the topic section was listed before.
      New Hubbers were immediately shown a good variety of Hubs on any topic.

They won't go through all the trouble in the beginning by looking for someone's profile or using RSS feeds.

It took me months to get the hang of writing here, all the rules, the basic steps and making the common mistakes.

I feel it's a big loss to many of us, not to have a specific selection of Hubs, right there in your face, easy to go through whenever you wanted to browse through topics.

3. innerspin profile image88
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

I kind of miss the latest hubs, it was easy to see new additions. I do use the hub hopper, so read new material there, and of course have notice of the latest from people I'm following. Haven't got used to the new format yet, it will probably feel "normal" soon enough.

It feels like there's a change every few days. Probably the way of the world, but as I don't use any other sites, or social networks, I've nothing to compare. My motto is, if it ain't broke, why fix it? but this may be old fashioned. I'm sure hubpages have their reasons for altering things.

Escobanaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I feel the same. Changes every few days but I like the new profile, the featured Hubs on it and the new look to it.

I'm not on any other sites as well but I do feel it would be worth investing time in building my own website. To have all freedom to publish what I want, how I want it and what I'm going to change about it to make it look better.

It would my own personal page with quality content and quality pictures, with just a handful of friends and famliy to follow me around. This I would prefer over Facebook. I dislike Facebook a lot!

Publishing Hubs will be my main goal for now, since I still like writing them:-)