jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Video Player Too Small Now Shows Up More Often on Videos

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

Did something change in the way videos can be formatted?  I never used to have this problem.  I have been checking my videos, and many that used to play fine now display the 'video player too small' warning.  The videos are the same, what changed?

I wonder if this happened when our hubs changed to a narrower format?  hmm

1. spartucusjones profile image91
      spartucusjonesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have been having the same problem. I always check to make sure the video plays before I publish the hub, and I am finding that it is becoming harder to find videos which will play with the smaller screen. I am also finding with going back to some of my hubs, videos that initially played fine are now displaying the small screen warning.

Unfortunately I don't know the reason why. So I am glad that you asked the question and I am looking forward to hopefully learning the answer.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is related to the settings on YouTube for videos and not specifically related to the capsule. 

Make sure that if you have a video displaying at half size that the YouTube video you are embedding supports that resolution.

2. Lauryallan profile image85
    Lauryallanposted 4 years ago

I have no idea when this happened rebekahELLE, but for me it only happens when I have the videos at half the size. Also, it's strange because not all of them come up with this error message. It seems random at times as to which videos have this problem.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91

Yes, to both of your replies.  It doesn't happen with the full size capsules, and it doesn't show up on all half size videos.  I hope we can get a staff response at some point.  It didn't use to happen, so something changed.

4. rebekahELLE profile image91

Thanks, I guess I'm wondering why it didn't show this warning before on the same videos.  I had to remove 2 videos on one of my music related hubs that used to play fine on the hub, but now do not play.