jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Fans

1. profile image0
    coffeesnobposted 8 years ago

Is there a way to deny fans - what if there is a person who has signed on as your fan and you don't want them to be listed in your fan club

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No, you can not deny fans.

2. SweetiePie profile image85
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

Why would you not want that person listed in your fan club?  Are they displaying a picture that is embarassing to your personally?  Did they copy content off the Internet? I am just curious why because I have never heard of this before, but honestly if someone joins my fanclub and I do not want to join theirs, I just do not.  It is as simple as that.

3. profile image0

I promote my articles to a lot of teens and there is material in the articles of this person's hub that I wouldn't want those teens to go to.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

YOU -- > YOUR HUBS -- > YOUR PROMOTIONAL EFFORTS -- > TEENS

YOU -- > YOUR HUBS -- > HUBPAGES AUTOMATED PROMO -- > YOUR FANS

The way I see it, the teens you promote your Hubs to and the people who have decided to be your fans don't connect.

1. AEvans profile image73
        AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Oh Relache , Do you always have to be so over critical of everybody else they were only asking for advise not a critical overview, I know you can be nice so can you try not to be so edgy as you are a beautiful person with a wonderful heart, let it shine.smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

AE, there's a difference between being factual and being critical.  Relache is just making the point that fans are of interest to the Hub community, not to the Hubber's readership from outside HubPages.  I don't see any criticism in her statement.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

As time goes on, you'll find most of your traffic comes from search engines (I get over 90% of my traffic that way now).  People who arrive at your articles via search engines are not likely to go checking out your fans, so I wouldn't worry about it.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

No luck then. Your teens will learn about real world smile

5. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

I see that you promote positivity to teens, you cannot unfortunately control who your fans are however if you do not like their article/articles you can ask them kindly to correct them so that they are in better taste. However the person that you do not want to be your fan is learning something from you, so embrace them and guide them as I personally admire and appreciate all of my fans and I learn from them and appreciate their work.smile Remember guide them as you are their mentor and teacher.smile

6. profile image0

AEvans,

You present a position I cannot resist.  Thanks for your insight and reminder of things that are important.

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You are absolutely welcome smile Stay focused and keep them coming.smile

working