jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Disappearing ads.

1. poshcoffeeco profile image88
    poshcoffeecoposted 3 years ago

I have recently noticed whenever I update an article the ads disappear.
    We are always advised to update older hubs if they are lacking in traffic.
    It seems to me that we are being punished for trying to improve our earning potential.
    I believe this to be true because I always get an immediate surge in traffic when I update articles.
    What is the point in doing this when we are  likely to miss clicks from the new traffic until ads re appear.

What are your thoughts on this subject, please let me know.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am not sure what is going on with pending, idle and ads.

But I would sure like to know.

2. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I checked my idled hubs and one I edited today and they both have ads on. The only ones ads shouldn't appear on are newly created Hubs that haven't got out of pending status yet.

3. Jamie Brock profile image95
      Jamie Brockposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I guess I haven't been too concerned because the majority of my earnings come from the HP program that only counts page views..It is a concern though, especially for those who earn with only AdSense.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 3 years ago

I found most of my 'idled' hubs with no ads tongue and mine aren't new. Not sure what's going on behind the 'curtain'. Remember Wizard of Oz? lol

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

Newly published hubs do not show ads until they go through the quality control check, but it seems that on many occasions, when you tweak (edit ) a previously published hub, the ads also disappear. It makes no sense since as poshcoffeeco  stated , these hubs draw a decent amount of traffic..............hmm

4. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image62
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 3 years ago

Haven't updated any hubs yet but I'm glad to know that something like this is going on. Hope that this gets resolved.

5. BobbiRant profile image79
    BobbiRantposted 3 years ago

I do not update my hubs either.  My Adsense income comes from Blogger.  Not many comments on blogger, but people look and I make money. Less stringent rules, can write whatever I feel like and probably because Google owns blogger is why it gets much more traffic.  I have no idea what happened to HP but I am not thrilled with no money and no traffic.  I do not write here as much anymore.  I get comments on HP but comments do not generate money.