Yet more problems - Google Ads Disappearing After 15 seconds!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Dale Hyde profile image81
    Dale Hydeposted 11 years ago

Earlier I posted about the RSS feed not showing in my top hub, and that has finally resolved itself.

Now I am experiencing an issue that is costing me revenue. This hub is getting well over 1,000 hits a day (I realize that is not a lot, but for me it is, lol.)

http://dalehyde.hubpages.com/hub/Hurric … -and-Names

If you view this hub you will see that 15 seconds after the page fully loads and displays Google Ads, the ads simply disappear.

I have viewed this hub in Chrome as a logged in member and half the ads will do this.

I then went to Firefox, IE and Palemoon browsers and the same is happening only ALL the ads will disappear. In these browsers there is no ad block and I was not signed into HubPages.

The Google ads disappearing on a hub that is getting pretty good traffic is well costing me in revenue for sure.

I need someone to look at this hub and see what is going on.

Note: I have been seeing this for several days, but just felt it was a simple browser issue and did not leave the page up and do the timing until today.

Edit: This is now happening on ALL of my hubs that I am checking!

Thanks.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dale, although this forum is called "Report a Problem", HubPages have said that staff do NOT monitor it regularly and it's not the right way to report a problem.  It's really important to report a major problem like this by emailing the team immediately.

Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Marisa and I have done that and await a response.

2. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep, mine do,too. sad

Thanks for the confirmation summerberrie. Hopefully they do resolve this issue soon.

3. Marina Lazarevic profile image76
      Marina Lazarevicposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for reporting this. There was a momentary bug on our end, and it should be fixed now (as of 4:30pm PST). Please send adops@hubpages.com an email if the problem persists.

Thank you Marina for the response and good news. I will check my hubs, and as suggested, if the problem persists, I shall email the addy you have shared.

Thanks again! smile

1. profile image0
          summerberrieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Dale Hyde for sending out the e-mail and giving staff the heads up...what a nasty bug!

You are most welcome summerberrie. It certainly is resolved with my hubs. smile Once again, I be a happy hubber. smile

2. profile image0
        Annette R. Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I had this problem earlier, too. But my ads now appear to be loading and staying on the page. Thanks for checking into this for us.

2. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 11 years ago

lol I've never seen this happen before. But I agree, ads disappear after a while.

Have you checked your own hubs, Haunty? I am working my way through mine and it is happening with all so far in all the browsers I have referenced.

1. Haunty profile image73
        Hauntyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I've checked one of mine and it's happening on there too. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Still no response to my email. I don't have the time to browse all the forum threads to see where it may be being discussed, lol. I would have "thought" that this forum would be monitored.

2. Dale Hyde profile image81

The ads that do not disappear are not Google ads.

1. Haunty profile image73
        Hauntyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I only have Google ads and these are disappearing too.

3. Rik Ravado profile image88
    Rik Ravadoposted 11 years ago

Yes I see this on your hub but my hubs also have the same problem and I am based in the UK. Looks like a site wide bug!

Thanks Rik! I appreciate knowing it is not just me! I have emailed the team on this issue as well.

4. profile image0
    timmathisenposted 11 years ago

I noticed this with mine, too. I viewed other folks' work and noticed ads pulled the same disappearing act.

Thanks Timmathisen for confirming.

5. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 11 years ago

Have you tried logging out?

I looked at one of my hubs while logged in and the Google ads did indeed disappear after 15 seconds or so. I logged out and looked at the same hub again, and the ads stayed.

Yes EmpressFelicity, I did try this but I am still having the problem. Also, as mentioned, in the other browsers that I am viewing the problem in, I was never signed in.

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I missed the bit where you said you were logged out. That'll teach me to skim read.

Perhaps one of the staff will come along and enlighten us. Or maybe not.

I did email them as well, EmpressFelicity as this is not only costing members, but HP and Google revenue!

6. SmartAndFun profile image95
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

1000 views a day would be A LOT for me and I would be sick if my ads were disappearing from a hub with traffic like that.

My ads are disappearing too, and there's another thread about it on the Hubbers' Hangout forum, where others are saying it's happening to their hubs, as well.

Makes me wonder why we have this topic, lol. We report a problem and we discuss it but it goes unnoticed, yet in other threads it is being discussed. I never know where to post, lol.

7. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

Wow!  Is there anything else that we're gonna get hit with???  Thanks for the heads up, Dale.  I checked my Hubs, but my ads are all intact.  But at the same time, I'm no heavy hitter when it comes to making money through my Google ads!  Earnings?  What earnings???  I'm only a dollar-a-day Hubber, and that's it!

My average is about like yours, lol, but with this "season" fixing to start and one Tropical Storm already, well, my revenue has picked up thanks to the one hub as well as the one related.

8. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

Whoooops!  For some reason, I went back and checked.  Yes, my Google ads are disappearing, too!!!

9. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 years ago

Everybody please note - HubPages have said they do not monitor the forums and that the "Report a Problem" forum is NOT for reporting problems.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/96651#post2068591

It beats me why they bother having a forum called "Report a Problem" if that's not what it's for, but it seems they would rather have every single Hubber email them individually than have a place where we can report centrally.  Their choice - so please everyone, send them an individual email on this.

Great advice Marisa, and thanks again. smile Email away, troops! Delay is costing each of us coinage!

10. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

How strange. I was just reading a hub about the summer Olympics and the ad disappeared. What is going on, has there been any kind of staff response?

I haven't checked my hubs today, except one that I tweeted this morning. I did notice that when I clicked on the hub, there was no ad. But when I checked it this afternoon, the ads were there.

I would think with this thread title, someone from staff has noticed it.

Hello rebekahELLE. Not sure why the slow response to this issue, but I feel the email thing is a wise choice to try to get some attention to a very important issue for sure.

It takes about 15 to 20 seconds for the ads to suddenly disappear... Like the magick I write about, lol! Must be a Web Gremlin waving a magickal wand!

No staff response as of yet to my email, this thread or the one other thread mentioned here.

11. SmartAndFun profile image95
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

I'm thinking if we all start emailing HP separately about all these little glitches they will decide it's easier to assign someone to glance over this forum a few times over the course of each day. I would think that would be preferable to having their mailboxes jammed up with a bunch of people reporting the same problems over and over. One person emailing on behalf of everyone doesn't seem to make an impact.

I certainly do agree SmartAndFun, however, as we can see now and from the past, the forum is not monitored. I would rather monitor a thread versus a ton of emails to shuffle through!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)