jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Decrease in Hubpages Visitors

1. jainismus profile image78
    jainismusposted 3 years ago

Few months ago, the average number of the visitors to Hubpages was 50 Millions per month. Now it is about 35 Millions per month. My page views were 500-600 per day before few months, now the number is about 100. How and why this happened?

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you read over many of the dozens of threads on roughly this same topic that have been started in the forums over the last several months it becomes clear that there is no one answer to this.

2. davidlivermore profile image95
    davidlivermoreposted 3 years ago

Unsure really.  Could be like the economy, it goes up and then it goes down.

Granted, the holidays have been ramping up across the US and other countries.  After New Years, people may start flocking the net again.

Unsure about the rest of the world, though.

1. Melissa A Smith profile image93
      Melissa A Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Am I the only one who's seeing a huge decrease in traffic during this holiday season for the last 2 days or so?

1. Melovy profile image97
        Melovyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No Melissa, you are not. I think almost everyone I know, including me, has had the same.

2. vocalcoach profile image93
        vocalcoachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are not alone.  I've seen a huge drop myself.  I really think it's because of the holidays - but we shall see.

3. Paul Kuehn profile image88
    Paul Kuehnposted 3 years ago

My daily views have dropped 75% over the past 2-3 days.  Today was one of my better days since I finally cracked 100 again!

4. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 3 years ago

Every Christmas, traffic goes way down.

Thank goodness for that - it is evidence that lots of people still have a life offline.

Merry Christmas, all!

5. thakurrajesh profile image60
    thakurrajeshposted 3 years ago

Two reasons for that, first Google has already changed search algo which effects the search queries result and second the Christmas holidays..