jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

FIXED: Malware warning affecting posting to Pinterest

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image93
    ThePracticalMommyposted 4 years ago

I just tried to pin a hub, but I was told it was going to be blocked because the site was known to have suspicious activity.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7506629_f248.jpg

I'm using Chrome. The pin was going to be from my hub about decluttering and organizing kids' toys, which does not have a red skull or anything.  I assume it's not a problem with my computer, hubs, or the browser but instead because of the site-wide malware issue. Will this be a separate problem that will need to be resolved?

Thanks!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@ThePracticalMommy My guess is that this is related to the same malware issues affecting some subdomains.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/107643

We have made some changes to address the issues.
      It is probably going to take some time for the non-malware state to cascade across the internet and other sites, depending on how often sites check the malware listing.

We hope the malware warning on the site to be resolved over the next 2-24 hours.

ThePracticalMommyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Matthew!

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

I imagine that's the case. The issue should be resolved in a couple of hours. If Pinterest is still blocking our links after that, I'll dig deeper to see what else might be causing the problem!

thanks so much for pointing this out!

No problem! Thanks for the response!
      I did just check Pinterest, and I was able to click on a link from HubPages and load the page just fine, but it just wouldn't let me upload a new link to HubPages.

3. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Just tried clicking over to a couple Hubs from Pinterest- looks like we're all clear now! big_smile

Good to know! Thanks!

working