Hub Pages: I did not change my email so what is this?

1. hot dorkage profile image80
    hot dorkageposted 7 years ago

Attn:  Paul Deeds:  I received the following email from hubpages right after I spammed myself just to test it: 

You recently changed your HubPages email address, or tried to confirm an unverified email address that was already on record. Thanks for that.

Now all you have to do to unlock all the wonders of HubPages is to use the link below to confirm your new email address (or make your way over to and enter the verification code).

Verification Link:
    Verification Code: xxxxxxx

HubPages Team

I did not request any change my email address.  So hub pages please tell me (privately if you prefer) exactly and technically the request from your server logs (an exact copy of the server log entries would be appreciated)  from whence originated the request to change my email that generated that automatic message and I will put some hurt on the administrator of said server.   P.S.  HUB PAGES You have no support link and no way to email hubpages directly on your about page!  SHAME ON YOU!!!   I need to know was the request logged in as me or not.  Proper web app best practice would make so that only logged in ME could request an email change in the first place  Either the software is seriously snafu'd or someone hacked my account.  I need to know posthaste.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Did you ever verify your email address when you signed up with HubPages?  Many users didn't.   

And as far as your rant about HubPages not having a way to contact them, you are sadly mistaken.  You might try going to the page linked via the link at the top of each single page on this site titled "Help" as it quite clearly includes a highlighted paragraph with a live email link which reads

"More Questions?
    Find your answer in the HubPages Forum or contact us by email and we will be happy to try and help you."

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

This is really not the right way to go about getting an answer.  It doesn't seem like you've really made much effort yourself -- for one, you have my direct email address because I've emailed you in the past, for two the HubPages help email address is fairly clearly available in the FAQ, and for three if you took the time to read the pages served to you on the site, you would have realized that when you tried to join a fan club yesterday and today with an unverified email address, it triggered a verification event.  You must have a verified email address to join a fan club.