Is it OK to use referral links in links to other hubs?

1. Paul Maplesden profile image92
    Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago

Hi there,

I've checked for this in the hub pages TOS and read the forums, but just want to confirm a question that I have.

*Is it OK to use referral links in my hubs on hub pages when I am linking to other hubs, authored by others or myself?*

If a person comes to my page, likes what they see, clicks on my hub links (either to other hubs that I have created or to good articles that others have written and that I have linked to) and then decides to sign up, I would appreciate a credit for that.

For example, my hub page on awesome blue widgets would contain links out as follows:

In terms of the 10% ad share credit, I wouldn't expect the first one to pick up credit on impression share on my own hubs (since I am already getting paid for that), but the second one may well (Since my links are keeping them on hub pages).

If someone could confirm that this is an OK thing to do I would be most grateful as I don't want to fall foul of any TOS, or as a polite Brit, any trouble of any kind, really.

1. mattforte profile image92
      mattforteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Of course. This is what the referral trackers are built for.
      Well, one of the things they were built for anyway.

After all - if you link to another person's hub through a referral tracker...both of you earn money from their views. I doubt HubPages would reward you for something they didn't allow ;-)