Making Videos for Hubs

1. KatSanger profile image97
    KatSangerposted 3 years ago

Hi all,

I'm very nervous about making videos for my hub.  I've only made one so far that included me - the other times I just use presentations that I've turned into videos.  I feel that I'm not very photogenic and get awkward when I know I'm being recorded (even though I'm a teacher and have no problem being in front of a crowd).

Does anyone have any advice for overcoming that initial awkwardness and getting videos made?

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

The way I got over it was to just do it- just sit in front of the camera and talk.

That said, a lot of Hubbers who would prefer not to show their faces choose to just show their hands demonstrating things and let their voices carry their unique personalities across to the audience.

Yet more Hubbers have gotten creative by featuring OTHER people in their videos (e.g. their kids or neighbors demonstrating things.

The gist is this: You have LOTS of options- just get creative and have fun experimenting with different approaches. big_smile

3. Hideki-ryuga profile image81
    Hideki-ryugaposted 3 years ago

Don't worry about that. There are plenty of options. The option I opted for was to create a video with an animated text through one of the multiple authoring tools available in the market. And since you are a teacher you should be familiar with adobe captivate, articulate presenter, and others. I don't use MS power point or windows movie maker as I find them very limited. I tried to use 2D animation but the cost is staggering. The cheapest service around was between $600 and $700. So, I ended up making my video alone. Now, all I need is to purchase a quality background music. As soon as the video is available on you tube, I'll contact you and see whether my option works for you or not.