jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

"useful" or any of the others not applied in real time

1. SoundNFury profile image86
    SoundNFuryposted 3 years ago

Anyone else have this problem?  I have noticed it with at least two hubs that I have voted on and selected one of the descriptors at the bottom.  It shows up as counted, but when I go back to the page it's gone.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's happened before. It comes back eventually. Leastwise it has in the past. smile

2. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad you brought this up. Because I had reported it a long long time ago and HP responded by telling me it was happening because I was trying to vote twice. Even though I was pretty sure that I wouldn't make that mistake, I accepted the fact that it's possible that I did. So I dropped the issue. Now that you see it happen too, I wouldn't doubt that it truly is a bug in the system.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

@Glenn is correct.

From http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/100296#post2143975
      We do not process and record ratings in real time.

Any rating will indicate an increment when clicked, but those ratings are not committed until later.  We merely show the number increase as a visual indicator that something has occurred.

We also have logic to disregard duplicates from the same user or ip address, so a vote is not recorded multiple times.

So the information is being captured, just not applied in real time.

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

That's odd. We'll definitely look into it (I don't have any answers now, but we'll hopefully have some soon).

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for chiming in Simone. You might find the original forum thread on this helpful to review in case you feel this is still a problem...

In that thread Matthew Meyer was able to reproduce the problem. But then later reported that the engineering team had a different response -- stating that HP disregards duplicate votes. Of course this is understandable. But based on this newly reported issue, I wonder how many of us actually make that mistake.

3. 60
    maryeasonposted 3 years ago

I'm a newbie here so I guess I'll just have to pay attention from now on.