jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

What are good alternatives to AdSense on blogs?

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

What other advertising networks can be used to replace AdSense? Can anybody recommend any that:

1. Don't do pop-ups.
    2. Don't do animated gifs.
    3. Don't do inline text.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What's wrong with Adsense? 

I've never found adverts earn me much.  I get most of my income from affiliates.   How's Viglinks going?

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wrote Viglinks off due to lack of performance, They were even worse than AdSense.

HP-ads mops the floor with Adsense, so I figure there are other ad-networks that do the same.

Did you have a go with Skimlinks instead? 

I don't think there is any single ad network that can offer everything.  I've tried to help a couple of other Hubbers monetize their blogs and it's not as easy as it sounds. I make money on affiliates but I do it by having pages entirely dedicated to marketing of products, not just links or ads within posts.  For that you need a Wordpress blog and either ShareASale or eBay/Amazon software.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

The only automatic system I got to perform anywhere near as well as Adsense was Projectwonderful.com.  They offer the various ad shapes and then users bid for them.  A lot of their advertisers are in the arts so artsy topics get better bids.

That sounds interesting, I must check them out!

working