Calling all experienced Hubbers to help me with a challenge I am doing

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Hikapo profile image76
    Hikapoposted 10 years ago

Hello all, I am looking for a fresh new challenge in June 2013. I have done the 30 hubs in 30 day challenge, 60 hubs in 30 day challenge for the past 2 months. I got to say I learned a lot and saw my traffic go from 1 - 300 views per day.
    So in June 2013, I am doing a new challenge - Driving Traffic from other sources besides Google.

Currently, 60% of my traffic is from Google. I want to drop that down to 40%. With that said, I am going to employ WryLilt's "How to drive traffic from pinterest using MPF images" tips. Here is the layout of my challenge:

Write 30 Hubs in June 2013 not targeting search engines:

15 will employ WryLilt's strategy.

The other 15 will come from any other tip or strategy. Anyone care to link their own strategies and I will do a case study?

I am up for a nice challenge. HELP!

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Seeing as no one has replied I'll give some of the methods I'd try:

1. Creating a niche blog which links to your hubs (quite a few people have success with this, usually on sites like Blogger.)
      2. Create and grow a popular Facebook fan page relating to your topic and post lots of funny things and memes. In the description, add in links to your hubs.
      3. Experiment with using teasers on social bookmarking sites. (I keep meaning to do this more. But too many other proven strategies I keep using.)
      4. Grow a Twitter following by following and interacting a lot and see if you can start driving Twitter traffic.

I haven't finished my coffee... that's all I can come up with right now smile

2. profile image0
      Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Guest blogging is another way to get traffic. Find someone, or several "someones" to allow you to post an article on their blog. Include your HubPages link at the end, and/or link an article within the text.

2. Hikapo profile image76

Thanks WryLilt,

I will post my final plan later tonite with these added suggestions.

What are those proven methods you were talking about?

big_smile

I don't know... I have lots of different ways I promote, I have dozens of sites... I don't even think about it any more. smile I just did a big thread up on good and bad ways to get traffic though, if you want some more ideas.

3. Hikapo profile image76

Cool, care to send me to that thread?

big_smile

Much appreciated!

4. Hikapo profile image76

Thanks. I have a good idea on my next 30 hubs now. Off to work! Thanks WryLilt!

Good luck!

5. susi10 profile image97
    susi10posted 10 years ago

Hi there!
    You can start writing on Squidoo, write lenses and drive traffic to your lenses. Then you can start adding a link or two, I don't mean spamming but a link at the end can drive more traffic to your site. Do you have your hubs indexed on bing and yahoo? I hope these help.

6. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

A third of my traffic comes, apparently, from one college-age male. So... Im not sure whether to thank him or report him.

1. profile image0
      Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Beth, that's pretty funny. I think. Maybe it's creepy. wink

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is kind of funny. But Im not going to complain. Im thinking about giving out prizes for every visitor until my traffic improves.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In a funny way you are right Beth.  Your prize is the page you give that visitor.  Was it what they were looking for?  Do you think they were satisified with the result?

I watch my stats like an obsessed hawk and spend a lot of time thinking about what those searchers thought.  To be honest I think most would have been disappointed with my first efforts.

Now I try to think what they expected and either change my title away from them because I can't match it  - or improve the content so it hopefully does.

The great thing about even a little search traffic is that it is the beginning.

1. profile image0

You have a niche for sure. I guess you are able to bring in new folks by key words? Other wise, I would assume you have more of a fan base that brings your traffic.

I am thinking I wont have success like yours and wrylilts b/c I just write what I enjoy writing. I don't see me being successful with the kind of things I am interested in. (Save my hub about you... that might make me famous.)

I nearly always write what I'm interested in. Except stainless steel bolts. Wrote a hub on 'em back in my "Sales hubs are where the money is" phase. Yeah... I've sunk pretty low before.

1. profile image0

lol.

I think you have a typo in one of your titles?
                It says how to remove dirt(y).
                Or maybe that's an Aussie expression.
                I just looked at your page... you really do have a good niche too.

I have a hub on dust cravings. And one on white magic for cleaning. But none on removing dirt (I think)? Or are you being funny? Coz... It's after midnight. Between midnight and 11am I don't get jokes.

1. profile image0
            2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
              Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Beth - I do not have success by any means.  I have a few things that half work but don't make money. I don't have a fan base.  I have at best half an idea and now two years experience.  For me it is about trying things - seeing what works and giving up what doesn't.

7. rebthomas profile image81
    rebthomasposted 10 years ago

Hikapo, this sounds like an interesting study. I hope you post your findings.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)