9 Months $25 Adsense What am I Doing Wrong

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (60 posts)
  1. Karanda profile image77
    Karandaposted 13 years ago

I've been on here for 9 months and followed all the advice from the learning centre, forums and hubs from the best hubbers. I earned the first $24.00 in the first month and I'm only $1.00 ahead for the next eight. What am I doing wrong?

All help will be greatfully received.

1. Peter-Jan Celis profile image61
      Peter-Jan Celisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Karanda, I'd focus more on writing hubs for people in the final stages before the sale is made.

In other words, "lead capturing" instead of "lead generation".

You write great informational article but ask yourself, would this create an urgency for the visitor to buy? No, it would help his make up his mind, at which point he is probably 2-3 google searches later and lands up on another hub of someone who simply lists products.

So instead of writing "Top 4 reasons for buying a laptop", write "Dell Laptops With Intel Chip". Use Google Keyword Tool or Google search suggestions function to get good ideas for long tail keywords you can use.

1. David 470 profile image81
        David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's great advice, think ahead of how the person is searching. Get them in the final stages.

In 5 months of writing, I have gathered over $65 dollars, but it looks like this month I am going to hit 50 possibly for the whole month(at least I hope so)

Honestly, I think a lot of people who are really successful on here did not make first pay for months. But now they are making 100s monthy because they kept writing and they already had hubs published.

It sucks in the beginning, but you can NOT stop or else the potential is much less

Yes indeed, I am only on here for 2-3 weeks and was a bit demotivated yesterday because In only made a penny a day on Google. Today I wake up and already 34 euro cents today. It's not a lot but there is progress.

2. Dave Barnett profile image58
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doing it for money is prostitution.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let's hear it for the pros then! lol

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Finally a chance to sell my body without taking my clothes off!

1. pisean282311 profile image63
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. Peter-Jan Celis profile image61

Oh come on. The people who are focused on doing keyword research to make money are in fact spending their time obsessing on how to help other people. Because that's the beaty of making money in the free market - you can only do so if somebody else wants to pay for it.

3. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't rely on just adsense! There are many more income streams out there and Hubpages is just the tip of the iceberg....If you must concentrate on adsense, but then Amazon and even Ebay if you can apply for it!!

I'm creating ebooks and dvd's and seminars about art stuff and that's what can really separate you from a one track income stream.

1. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely.   If all you are doing is Adsense, you are wasting the potential of the Web.

1. David 470 profile image81
          David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess that means there are bad hopes for mean then? LOL

I think I am going to make a website soon, but not until my adsense earnings get so much monthly.

2. waynet profile image69
          waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I always think that there are way more earning opportunities now than there ever was back in the early days and things are becoming much more streamlined and easier now with ebooks and the whole digital product creation to add to anyones income generating arsenals.

Well, you especially could do a lot with ebooks. 

But anyone should be thinking of how they might directly earn money.  My technical writings got me many a new customer and although I don't seek that now as much as I once did, they still dribble in.  Today I concentrate more on selling mail servers and collaboration tools and the power of the web gives me customers all across the country.  Adsense, Chitika, affiliate sales and ebook sales are nice, but they are relatively small compared to direct income.

Adsense is passive.  Passive income is wonderful, you definitely want as much as you can get, but don't neglect direct opportunities.

4. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I got my first payout ($100) at about 9 months, but I had 55 Hubs.

If you'd written 55 Hubs instead of just 16, you'd be fairly close to payout too.  So it doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong, maybe your expectations are just a bit unrealistic.

1. livelonger profile image85
        livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My history is pretty similar. It took me I think 8 or 9 months to get my first payout, and I had around 50-ish Hubs at the time.

I currently earn about $400/month.

I don't use any of the commercially available keyword tools. I've found my best performers are those I've written after Googling a topic and not finding anything satisfactory among the first few results. I felt I could do a better job, and apparently Google thought so, too! smile

That's a great strategy! Focus on the value for the user! Good luck and well done one the $400/month.

5. brakel2 profile image73
      brakel2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just finished my 11th hub, and I only have made $17 in nine months. I know that we need more hubs. Don't give up. Good luck.

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I don't know why except you maybe need to write more hubs?

You asked for advice, so I looked at your Buying a Laptop hub. The keywords "buying a laptop" and "buying a desktop" which you have in both your title and url are both highly searched-for terms. Competition is pretty massive too, but yours could be optimised, and therefore in a better position to reach page 1 of Google if you hadn't changed 'buying' to 'purchasing' in your first sentence.
    My advice would be to change that one word and see if it makes a difference.
    Do the same in all your hubs.
    Look for the keywords and make sure you include them in your first sentence.
    Google keyword tool can help you find those keywords. I use Market Samurai.

Karandaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much IzzyM, missed that completely when I researched the keywords and der, changed the most important one in the first sentence! What is Market Samurai? Obviously you think it is worthwhile yes?

1. IzzyM profile image86

Market Samurai is a program that is just made for those of us who want to make money writing online. You can get a free trial (can't remember how many days/weeks you get) then you get the option to buy it at a discounted price of something like $98. I think it is worth every penny, though others prefer Micro Niche Finder. I haven't tried MNF simply because there is no free trial (although they do offer a refund if you don't like it).
        You can use both programs to search for both keywords and to see how well your hub is doing and if it is correctly optimised or not. There are other functions but I haven't quite figured them out yet.

If there is a free trial option that could be worth checking out, but as I have not earned a heap I would be reluctant to spend money unless there is some guarantee.

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Karanda much as I have nothing against Samurai or MNF I personally no longer use either.

I just stick with the good 'ol keyword tool - and lots and lots of writing.

You've got sixteen hubs - it's like having sixteen lottery tickets. If you had 100 lottery tickets you'd probably be much more likely to win the lottery, right?

I discovered it took me about 50 hubs to figure out what actually worked for me - what layouts to use, what keywords seemed to work, how many words and what types of context I needed for different types of hubs.

If you aren't earning without MNF or MS, you're not going to earn with them, in my opinion. They're a tool not a magic wand.

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

It saved by life. It taught me how to optimise hubs. Under the free trial I went through many of my old hubs and made changes here and there and the difference it made was astounding. I started getting traffic and making money almost immediately. Some of my older hubs can never be optimised and will need to be completely re-written. Without MS I wouldn't have known that.
    I think it is worth every penny. Then again, this is my only source of income.

Wow, sounds like it is worth checking out. Thank you so much for the advice, it is really appreciated.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image89
        Just Ask Susanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The free trial is good for seven days. I am going to try it out too and see what happens. Good Luck Karanda and I hope that it is usefull for us both.

2. Peter-Jan Celis profile image61

We're in the same boat, IzzyM! I'm also doing hubpages full time. Are you satisfied with the income you generate?

1. IzzyM profile image86

Not yet, but I'm more than satisfied with the upwards climb of viewing figures, adsense clicks and Amazon sales.
        I have gone from earning less than $2 a day in July to earning on average just over $13 a day now. If I was good at math I'd tell you the percentage climb and if that climb continues I expect to be earning a reasonable income within six months from now.

4. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

HubPages has a need for someone to proofread hubs, and there is no competition that I know of. I think someone who is proficient in written English could make a steady monthly income that way. Marketing would be a lot simpler than with Adsense.

1. tonymac04 profile image71
      tonymac04posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really - I would be interested in doing that! How do I go about it?

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a good question. Like:
        - Put it on your profile and write a hub about it (feel free to compare with my profile, I offer something slightly similar);
        - Find a way to announce it on the forum, within the forum rules;
        - Connect with newbies, especially those for whom English is not a first language;
        - Set fairly low rates - again, feel free to compare with my rates for slightly similar services;
        - Connect with experienced hubbers to let them know that you are in business, get them to help referring business to you and vice versa.

I will be happy to recommend you and others who may decide to offer such services. There are too many substandard hubs, and hubbers - especially non-English speakers - get their hubs unpublished because of poor grammar.

Oh, yes, yes, yes, I couldn't agree more. There are so many substandard hubs, I cringe every time I see !!! or .................not to mention spelling and typo errors. I have been working on a hub that addresses some of the basics not only for people who are not English speakers but for others who seem to forget their work is out there for anyone to read.

I am quite proud of writing for HubPages but I do wish there was a better way of monitoring the hubs that are published or some basics of editing, rules that everyone should follow.

2. Aficionada profile image79
          Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I too am interested in being a paid proofreader.  I have several questions though.

How does the proofreader receive payment?

Is there a straightforward method for checking articles to avoid what IzzyM mentions?  [How much time would it take to check numerous languages looking for google-translations?] I have suspected something like this might be responsible for a lot of the garbage material I have spotted, but it seems like a tall order to have to identify it. 

And then, if someone has spent time in tweaking the English of a substandard Hub and then later found that it had merely been run through a computerized translator, a lot of time would have been wasted.  How do we avoid that?

Other questions can wait.

1. profile image0

The only workable way to get paid is prepaid via PayPal. If you trust the customer, you can start the work, but should not deliver prior to having received payment in-full.

Copyright issues is none of your concern. The Hubber is solely responsible for having the required rights. However, you can put a simple disclaimer into your order confirmation.

Wasting time will not be a concern as long as you require prepayment in full. The customer's only course of action would be a PayPal dispute, which they could not win; I believe that the untrustworthy "customers" will vanish once they understand that they must pay in full up front. No splitting revenue, no exchanging favors.

1. Aficionada profile image79

Another question or two related to this... (I've been busy with Thanksgiving, so this is a delayed conversation - sorry.)

I am new at signing up for PayPal and, in the process of signing up, I've learned that they (PayPal) do not accept payment in Indian currency and some other Asian currencies.  Since I anticipate having and hope to have some significant business from that part of the world, how would that work?  How do they pay?

Second: Is it possible to put a PayPal payment button on a HubPages profile page or in a Hub describing details of the proofreading service?  If not, how does one receive payment? I see that PayPal offers the possibility of e-mailing invoices that include a payment button within the e-mail.  Is that the best option (if a PayPal button can't be placed on my profile page or in a Hub)?

Thanks for any info!

1. profile image0

You decide what currency or currencies in which to accept payment, typically USD/EUR/GBP. I recommend accepting USD under all circumstances. PayPal will handle the currency conversion, so that you get paid in USD, and the customer will be charged in their own currency. 

You cannot place a PayPal button. However, you can create a regular textual link on your profile page and/or an image of the button with a hyperlink underneath on your hub.

You may want to consider setting up a blog account, where you can create an actual PayPal button (i.e. HTML code is allowed). This gives you the advantage of being able to choose the type of button that will enable your customers to choose between (i) payment via credit card or (ii) payment with a PayPal account. It is very advantageous to offer both options, in my opinion, since some customers do not have a PayPal account and do not desire to open one for this purpose. So once you have opened your PayPal account, you can log on and customize what buttons you will want.

Invoices via email may be a good idea, especially for recurring transactions. But for small, one-time transactions, I find that sending customers directly to the PayPal site (or one's website/blog with a link to PayPal) is most safe and convenient.

3. Aficionada profile image79

Thanks for the information you have shared so far, WE, especially about payment. 

Re the matter of setting rates, I looked over several of your hubs to find details.  I found a rate for editing a full MS, a rate for a line-edit of a "workable first draft," and a monthly rate for reviewing hubs for quality within one account.  Are these the details you were referencing in the quote above?

Finally, do you have any hubs, interviews, forums posts, or comments that share the progress of your success in this specific arena (quality assurance and editing within HubPages)?

Thanks again!

1. profile image0

As a model for comparison, I was only referring to the Quality Assurance Program, which has to do with hubs. Rates for editing books are not useful, since they reflect work spanning over many months and has nothing to do with hubs.

OK, so we are talking about $60-75 for reviewing ten hubs, then $5 for subsequent hubs. I have had people sign up for that. However, I have also received many expressions of interest that never materialized. I believe it is a cost issue; many would like to receive support in improving their hubs and writing skills, but they can't see the economy in doing so.

My promotion has been very limited - basically my profile page and one hub. Someone sufficiently motivated could no doubt do a lot better with client recruitment. If you can proofread for $5 per hub, you may be able to get the customers. I hope that this helps.

Yes, this is very helpful indeed.  Thanks again!

2. Sullen91 profile image71
      Sullen91posted 13 years agoin reply to this

This sounds like something I'm interested in. For a reasonable fee, I could scrub the messy hubs clean. In addition, I could work on already decent hubs and fix them up one notch. An excellent idea such as this one deserves swift action. The payment could be arranged privately, but without a conduit there would be much room for ineffeciency and mismatches. Anyway, if anyone needs having their hubs checked thoroughly, from title to capsule to closing comments, let me know.

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Some time ago, here on Hubpages, a new hubber came to the forums really upset because all her hubs had been unpublished as substandard.
    A group of us offered to help her, as English was not her first language.
    I did two, I think, and some others here did even more.
    Trust me, proofreading and correcting a hub is difficult. Some words hadn't translated well at all, and I had to research the subject myself to understand what she had been trying to say.
    During this research, I came across news articles (I think it was in Russian), that when I put through google translate, were EXACT COPIES of her hubs.
    In other words, she hadn't had an original thought in her head. She'd copied her material from the web, put it through google translate, and published them here as her own work.

6. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

If your goal is earnings, you have to take that into consideration when crafting your Hubs, regardless of the topic.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hub-Earnings

Thanks relache, another great hub for newbies.

7. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

All the hubs here on Hubpages belong to the owner, so ONLY the owner (hub writer) would be in a position to offer payment for English corrections. To be honest I think the whole idea is a non-starter. By the time someone paid you to fix their hub, you could have written one of your own that could generate income for you for years.

Good/interesting point.  Your point reminds me of a discussion in a different thread about the benefits of HubPages with Adsense vs. articles on other sites where the writer is paid up front. 

In that discussion, the best Hubbers all agreed that the smaller initial amounts of Adsense derived from the Hub would be far outweighed by the long-term gains.  I agree that that is correct.  But one writer mentioned that sometimes a writer needs immediate income, and therefore is willing to accept a smaller amount now in order to pay bills - so that they can continue to write and also publish Hubs that will generate long-term income.

In this case (proofreading), I can proofread and edit much more quickly than I write my own original material, and so I find a certain appeal in being able to do both - proofread fast for more instant income and also write Hubs for the long-term investment and gains.

My question about payment was not intended to imply that it would come from any other source than from the writer; I'm just curious about the method - PayPal or what?  Are there other options?  Does the proofreader hold back the material until payment is received?

2. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely!  I think that's something to bear in mind if anyone here is tempted to write someone else's 500 word article for $2.  Some of my hubs have made that amount in their first couple of weeks.

8. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

My first payout took 16 months. I had to learn an awful lot, but mostly, I just needed to let my hubs mature and keep writing more. Now, after three months of the first payout, I'm over halfway to my second.

Just keep going, keep learning, and keep writing. There is nothing wrong for putting in the work to earn your first payout, regardless of how long it may take.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

16 months! I can't stay on here that long.  My wife thinks I'm looking at porn - she's cool with that.  But if she finds out I'm blabbing about on forums again she'll kill me.

9. profile image0
    awesome77posted 13 years ago

Some of the biggest reasons your adsense income is low:

Keyword research:

It is okay to write about stuff you like, but ask yourself will it bring you visitors? Take a look at google keyword tool and start understanding what people are searching for. Try to use keywords in your hub URL and TITLE.

Traffic Generation tactics:

Without visitors to your hub, you can forget about making any money. The key to making money is by bringing a lot of visitors to your hub. Some methods:

1--Post your hub on twitter or create an account on twitter and list your hub URL in the Bio section.
    Link: https://twitter.com/signup

2--Bookmark your hub URL in google bookmarks link: https://www.google.com/accounts/Service … ookmarks/1

3--Send out invites to your friends, asking for honest criticism
    or praise of your hub. Ask them to pass the invite on to other friends -- it might go Viral!

4-Check some of the marketing forums ( you can email me and i will refer you to a good provider) and look for bookmarking services. Simply, it means you want to have your hub URL listed on some bookmarking sites. You can get 50 to 100 bookmarking sites from $8 and up. The higher the Pagerank of the bookmarking sites used, the more it will cost you.

5--You need to create accounts on all this sites (you can use the accounts to promote more hubs) and submit snippets of articles (150 to 350 words) and you include hyperlinked URL of your hub ( just make sure the hyperlink is a keyword). Links from this sites will bring traffic to your hub. The sites:

PR 9 Web 2.0 Sites

http://wordpress.com/
    http://twitter.com/

PR 8 Web 2.0 Sites

http://www.weebly.com/
    http://www.typepad.com/
    http://www.blogger.com/
    http://www.livejournal.com/
    http://www.tumblr.com/
    http://www.webs.com
    http://www.squidoo.com/

PR 7 Web 2.0 Sites

http://my.opera.com/
    http://viviti.com/
    http://multiply.com/
    http://www.xanga.com/
    http://www.yola.com/
    http://www.blogsome.com/
    http://edublogs.org/
    http://www.jimdo.com/
    http://knol.google.com/k

PR 6 Web 2.0 Sites

http://www.blogspirit.com/
    http://www.opendiary.com/
    http://www.blogdrive.com/
    http://www.tblog.com/
    http://weblogs.us/
    http://blog.com/
    http://www.blog.co.uk/
    http://diaryland.com
    http://www.bigadda.com/

PR 5 Web 2.0 Sites

http://www.20six.co.uk/
    http://www.terapad.com/
    http://typolis.net/
    http://zoomblog.com/
    http://home.onsugar.com/
    http://nireblog.com/
    http://business.blinkweb.com/
    http://www.insanejournal.com/
    http://blurty.com/
    http://www.free-conversant.com/
    http://freeflux.net/
    http://tabulas.com
    http://www.sosblog.com/
    http://upsaid.com/
    http://home.onsugar.com/

PR 4 Web 2.0 Sites

http://www.soulcast.com/
    http://www.wordcountjournal.com/
    http://www.yousaytoo.com/
    http://www.netcipia.com/
    http://www.blogeasy.com/
    http://www.busythumbs.com/
    http://www.journalfen.net/
    http://www.memebot.com/
    http://www.blogabond.com/
    http://www.blog.ca/
    http://www.aeonity.com/
    http://blogstream.com
    http://blogwebsites.net/
    http://bloghi.com/
    http://blogigo.com
    http://blogstudio.com
    http://blogtext.org/

6--write articles and submit them to the top articles directories like:

http://ezinearticles.com/
    http://www.suite101.com/
    http://www.helium.com/
    http://www.articledashboard.com/
    http://www.articlesbase.com/
    http://goarticles.com/
    http://www.webpronews.com/
    http://searchwarp.com/
    http://www.buzzle.com/
    http://www.isnare.com/
    http://americanchronicle.com/
    http://www.articlecity.com/
    http://www.ideamarketers.com/
    http://www.site-reference.com/
    http://www.articlealley.com/
    http://www.thewhir.com/article-central
    http://www.articlesfactory.com/
    http://www.selfgrowth.com/
    http://www.amazines.com/
    http://www.articlesnatch.com/

7--get this free tool and you can submit to much more articles directories. Believe me it is at present completely FREE

link: http://www.articlesubmissionhelper.com/

Some other methods like Forum profile creation and blog commenting you can also use, but requires a bit more knowledge of SEO tactics for them to be deadly effective. I will gladly answer any question you might have ( if i know the answer) and will do my best to direct you to reputable seo providers.

**The above tactics should not cost you money except for the bookmarking. You do not have to do everything in one day. Create a schedule and break up the process into daily activities. similar analogy (if i offered you a cow for dinner, you might consider me crazy, but if i gave you a slice of a juicy steak you will be delighted! But you forget to note, that after so many juicy steaks, you have eaten a cow! get the picture) Create a schedule and stick to it.

Goodluck, and remember to take some action now, not later, not tonight, not tomorrow, just start now!

1. brakel2 profile image73
      brakel2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your suggestions in this forum. I downloaded that file. I would like to note that once downloaded, it needs to be extracted. It also needs Adobe Air helper. All that was very simple. Thank you again. you are very knowledgeable.

1. profile image0
        awesome77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

you're welcome! you need to slowly work your way through the articles site. Less than ten requires manual submission, which you can do through the software.

If you have spinned articles then you can submit unique version to each articles directories (very effective, but needs time to spin the sentences properly)

here is another free tool ( a free spinning software) it will do the job and it is now also free

http://www.spinnerchief.com/Download.aspx

Also join this site, it allows you to post to almost 26 top web 2.0 sites by emailing the articles to posterous.

https://posterous.com/

10. PurpleOne profile image79
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

Karanda, I think like many people have suggested, you need to write more hubs. I don't have many myself - only 42 - but I wrote most of them over the last three months or so and I finally reached payout. I also started using Market Samurai which I find helpful but some of my more successful hubs were written before I even knew about the program so you can't take it as the Bible.

A lot of people on here talk about how a hub has to "age" and I think there is some truth to that. Hubs that I wrote early on that got almost no traffic are now getting decent traffic with no effort on my part.

As WryLilt said too, I think you probably need to write around 50 hubs or so first before you have an idea what will work for you. No, I don't even have 50 hubs myself but even at 42 of them, I feel that I've reached a breakthrough and have a much better idea of what works and what doesn't.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a little worried that I am ageing faster than my hubs...

1. PurpleOne profile image79
        PurpleOneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha, me too! I will soon be 30, still not married and don't have kids which is all something I want. Scary!

11. Autumn Lynn profile image67
    Autumn Lynnposted 13 years ago

There is so much information on article submission. I am shy to admit that I really do not understand the mechanics of this at all. I understand the concept of creating links and considering the quailty of the site you are linking with but how do I start trying to learn how to actually do this? awesome77-you sound like a master!

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Autumn, if you are new to writing online content my suggestion would be to forget about the promotional side of things until you've sussed out keyword research and onpage optimisation. I would say that these are internet marketing 101 and the backlinks side of things is internet marketing 102.

If I can help you at all just drop me a line through my profile page. You signed up under my referral tracker so I have an interest in helping you do well here smile

2. profile image0
      awesome77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have discovered that hubpages is liked by Google! With good keyword, best to use long tail keywords, your hubs will be getting traffic in no time. Just make sure they are buying keywords!

12. jokeapptv profile image59
    jokeapptvposted 13 years ago

This is a great question.

13. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Write more hubs. When I only had 19 I didnt make much eithor...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)