jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

Can anyone tell me if recipe hubs do alright traffic wise here?

1. GwennyOh profile image82
    GwennyOhposted 3 years ago

I am trying to expand what I write on and want to do a fair amount of recipes.  Do recipes draw decent traffic?

1. bac2basics profile image90
      bac2basicsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi GwennyOh.
      I have quite a few recipe hubs and only one of them gets regular views, because of this I am thinking of taking them off HP and putting them on delish or some other site. That´s just my experience though, maybe your recipes will do better smile

2. kaiyan717 profile image84
    kaiyan717posted 3 years ago

Recipe hubs do fairly well as long as you promote them to places like Pinterest or Justapinch, because until it becomes popular you may not get a lot of organic traffic.

GwennyOhposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for pointing that out kaiyan

3. RealityTalk profile image61
    RealityTalkposted 3 years ago

I don't know if recipe Hubs do well, but I am always interested in something different served on my plate.  I eat the same things over and over, so something different now and then can't be bad.  Why don't you post a few of your favorite recipes regardless of the outcome.  I'm sure you'll find someone interested.

GwennyOhposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think you're right there RealityTalk.

4. Aplethora23 profile image84
    Aplethora23posted 3 years ago

Hi. Recipes were the first things that I attempted to publish. Coming from a woman who is new to Hub Pages, I'd have to say that my Recipes have been doing quite well. Although I'm not sure what to compare it to. I suppose it has to do not only with the quality and authenticity of your dishes but also with what your own personal standards are. I am super stoked with the traffic results to my Hubs at the present moment. And am always curious about more recipes too. I hope you do it! It's a lot of fun. smile

5. lady rain profile image86
    lady rainposted 3 years ago

More than a third of my hubs are recipes and food. I get good traffic for them and I link them from other sites to improve traffic views. Some of the views are seasonal but there are some hubs that have regular views the whole year round.

6. peachpurple profile image78
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i have a few recipes at HP. I would say it draws a moderate traffic if compare to yummly , blogger and others. I don't have high traffic views for any of my recipes , at least none of them are "Unfeatured".

7. midget38 profile image88
    midget38posted 3 years ago

They do well, just a matter of promoting them.

8. Just Ask Susan profile image87
    Just Ask Susanposted 3 years ago

One of my recipe hubs is my most viewed hub. It is important to promote them.

9. GwennyOh profile image82
    GwennyOhposted 3 years ago

Thanks for all of the wonderful and insightful replies.  I am glad I took time to ask as I have a much better idea of what I'm up against now.