jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Lack of Effectveness of Advertisements

1. glynch1 profile image83
    glynch1posted 3 years ago

I have a high Hub score with over two hundred hubs published, but earn only about $1.25 every month. I am on Ad sense, but nothing else. What other advertisements could I use to increase my earnings?

1. Reality Bytes profile image94
      Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Traffic should be the goal.  If you are receiving 2000 views a day, HP receives 800 of the impressions leaving you with 1200.  At this level you should be earning @ 2-5 dollars per day.  This is in my experience through the AdSense program.  I have no idea how the HP ads pay.

There are Amazon and Ebay capsules available.  Though myself, I do not use them.  Others will know more about these options.  I do know that commissions could be much higher through these.  Sell one Bentley on EbayMotors and you could do pretty good.  smile  This would all depend on the reader, the pitch, and the product.  Traffic would not matter, closing ratio is all that really matters on direct sales.

2. 2besure profile image82
      2besureposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Religion does not pay very much.   Consider writing about more commercial topics.

3. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

First, sign up for the HubPages Earnings Program.  You're likely to do much better.

You could try signing up for Amazon.  It would be worthwhile only if you can find products directly related to your Hubs.  A Bible is not sufficiently related, but you may be able to find some books analysing Biblical texts, for instance.

If you are going to try Amazon capsules, then you will need to split your text over several capsules, so you can place the capsules in the body of the article (Amazon ads at the end of a Hub never work).  It's a good idea to split your text anyway, since HubPages sometimes experiments with new ad layouts and that has included a mid-section ad in the past - which you would miss out on, with your text all in one lump.

Finally, understand that you can expect to earn $2 to $5 per thousand views, so you need to encourage readers to visit more of your Hubs.   I notice that none of your Hubs analysing biblical texts have an introduction, and they're not linked to each other.  Don't assume that your readers have found you via your profile, because most will arrive at one of your Hubs via a search engine.  So each Hub needs a short introduction, and a closing statement referring the reader to the next Hub in the sequence (don't rely on the reader noticing your Groups, they often don't).  Make sure they are all worded differently so you don't trigger the duplicate filter.

4. robhampton profile image88
      robhamptonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

As everyone is saying, definitely sign up for the HubPages Ad program. Also as Ethan Green pointed out  "Ultra specific" He's very right. Your titles need to be something people will search for. Take your Hub, for example.."Isaiah 28-31: Israel's Mockery; Woe to the Spiritually Blind and Worldly; Conditions for Salvation" Ok, why not change that title to "What does the bible say about salvation? or keywords such as spiritual blindness. Make sure you ALWAYS include the word "Bible" in the title of these type of hubs. I know what I'm talking about as far as getting titles right for search engines. I make around $200.00 per month on just 34 hubs.

2. Ethan Green profile image93
    Ethan Greenposted 3 years ago

To be honest I think you are slightly doomed because of the ultra-specific content of your hubs which I don't think anyone is searching for online.

You receive so little income from 200 hubs because presumably you have no traffic. With 200 hubs and only earning that much each month, the conclusions are that you have almost zero traffic, or you are using Amazon instead of the Hubpages program, in which case nobody is clicking on the ads.

I can't help but think you are going to get a lot of your hubs unfeatured because of a lack of traffic when they go through the quality assessment process...

1. Ethan Green profile image93
      Ethan Greenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry - should read Adsense, not Amazon!

1. robhampton profile image88
        robhamptonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

what are you talking about?

1. Ethan Green profile image93
          Ethan Greenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My previous comment - I said Amazon when I should have said Adsense...