jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

The Main Pic of a hub

1. Maricarmjolo profile image86
    Maricarmjoloposted 3 years ago

I have noticed that some of the HOD -Hub of the day have one thing in common. They have a main picture with a Title of their hub just over the picture. Does it really gives a plus point?
    I can read the title and then the main pic has a text of the hub's title too.In my opinion, it's a little bit  redundant.

1. zeusspeak profile image79
      zeusspeakposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, Marica it is not entirely true, the most important thing is that your hub is beautifully written and well organised, Content is the king here and so is quality. However, if you have authentic pics in your hubs, then they do create a positive impression.

2. Robin profile image
      Robinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

High-quality, properly attributed photos are what HOD Hubs need in order to be considered.  Hubs are automatically disqualified if they don't have either original or legally used and attributed photos.  Of course, image placement is important, but this can vary depending on the content.  For example, recipe Hubs usually start with an image that is the finished product.  Hope that helps!  smile

2. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago

I think maybe what Maricamjolo is referring to is what Wrylilt has deemed "Made for Pinterest" images, or MFP images, where you place the title of the article directly onto the photo.

Maricamjolo, here is a link to Wrylilt's article, which explains the benefits of MFP images:
    http://wrylilt.hubpages.com/hub/How-to- … Pinterest.

You can place text on images a number of ways. I do it very simply by using Microsoft Paint, but I'm sure I am not doing it the best way. Maybe someone will chime in on the best/easiest way to place text on a photo -- that is, if that is what Maricamjolo is referring to in her OP and if she needs help with that.

Maricarmjoloposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you big_smile

1. Writer Fox profile image81
        Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Here's a forum thread which discusses how to put text on a picture:
        http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/113940

Maricarmjoloposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks I already did try in one of my hub big_smile

working