jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Deleting unfinished hubs

1. 0
    Amy Gposted 7 years ago

How can I delete hubs that I started and decided not to write?  In my list, it has them still listed with a line through them.  Is there a way to get them off of there?  Also, if I make a title, then decide to change the title later, how can I delete the old title?  (This is how I ended up with a few hubs I can't delete in the first place.)  Thanks for your help!

2. WHoArtNow profile image84
    WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago

Leave the one's with the lines through along and they will disappear soon. They don't vanish straight away but they will be deleted.

3. aidenofthetower profile image89
    aidenofthetowerposted 7 years ago

It usually take two to three days for them to disappear, but they are on the way to being gone. To edit a title click on the hub and then click edit. There is box with the title at the top. You can change the title there. However, you won't be able to change the URL (where it says http://www.hubpages.com/Your-Previous-Title-Choice-Here) While that can sometimes be sad, it doesn't usually make a whole lot of difference for most people.

4. 0
    Amy Gposted 7 years ago

Sweet.  Thanks guys!

5. 0
    Esther Selmanposted 7 years ago

I'm having this problem with an unfinished hub too. I don't see any option anywhere to delete it.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image92
      Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Open the hub, and at the top you will see options (once the page is open on your screen). One of those is "delete."

6. LyrialZander profile image81
    LyrialZanderposted 7 years ago

There should be a delete button at the top of the edit page of your hub. If you delete it, you have 24 hours to "un-delete" it and save your URL choice. You can edit the title at any time, but you can only choose a URL once
    (So choose wisely grasshopper)
    Or you will have to totally delete the hub to change the URL.

For advice on this and other publish questions like how to organize your capsules and such, check out this hub:

It has a video tutorial!

1. 0
      Esther Selmanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! I finally opened the incomplete hub and saw the delete button. It's on its way to the hub graveyard now. ;-)