jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

My Hubs with so many comments

1. Mark Johann profile image63
    Mark Johannposted 3 years ago

I have many hubs with lots of comments. What will happen if new visitors on my hub would scroll endlessly at the bottom? Won't they get bored and move?

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can limit the amount of comments that the comments capsule shows:

- put hub in edit mode
      - scroll to comments capsule - click edit
      - Go to 'initially display' and select amount of comments you want displayed. Options:- 100, 50, 20, 5

This will allow visitors less scroll through.

1. Robin profile image
        Robinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great advice!  I do this on my Hubs that have a lot of comments.  I also don't approve all of my comments.  If I have comments that come from signed-out users like "Great Hub" or "Good point", I tend to not show those.  Many times when you have a Hub that gets search traffic, you will have random comments that don't benefit anyone.  I don't approve these comments.  smile

2. ChristinS profile image94
        ChristinSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Wow, learn something new every day smile I had no idea I could do this and it will come in handy!

3. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I didn't know this either! Seeing as my comments have been higher than my traffic, I should probably do this!

4. profile image0
        Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

lol... If I clicked "limit at 100 comments" my hub would mock me openly.

1. Cardisa profile image91
          Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Comments are after the hub.  If they get bored and click an ad, all the better.

1. CraftytotheCore profile image97
      CraftytotheCoreposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great point psyche!

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

Im definitely capping it off at 12 though. Im sick to death of ppl hounding me with their support.

4. twentyfive profile image80
    twentyfiveposted 3 years ago

Wow thank you for this thread smile

5. Mark Johann profile image63
    Mark Johannposted 3 years ago

I learn something and I should hide some comments which are not that relevant. I really like the hubs which are organic because I can see that many of my comments came from random people just signing in to ask questions about my technology hubs for help.

This is the best thing about hubpages. I have helped a lot of netizens and my hubs are ranked well at Google and I have organic traffic coming in. Then, there goes the gold.

working