jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Copyright Warning

1. Elderberry Arts profile image95
    Elderberry Artsposted 3 years ago

My most popular hub has a warning on it that it may of been copied by someone else. Does that mean someone on Hubpages or somewhere else online and can I do anything about it? That particular hub is always my highest scoring and has had a score of 100 before now so I don't want to lose that.

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It could almost anywhere on the internet. If you can find out where it's posted, you can try to contact either the person who posted it or the website and ask them to remove it.

Elderberry Artsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was able to find it and have emailed the webmaster to ask for it to be removed. It came up as one of the top results in a Bing search so not good for my hub views sad
        If they refuse to take it down is there anything I can realisticly do?

1. wilderness profile image97
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

File a DMCA with the host.  There are instructions in the learning center, plus I've written a hub with detailed instructions on how to do that in difficult cases.

If a DMCA to the host fails (never seen it happen, and I've filed hundreds) you can also file with Google.  Notify Amazon, eBay or any other affiliate program being used on the site and try to get any affiliation removed - without money coming in there isn't much reason to have the article.  Google will cancel their adsense if they are using stolen content and they'll hate that!

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can copy selected passages on a search engine to see where else it has been published.

Elderberry Artsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I will try that now.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
          Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Elderberry - be sure to put the phrases you search for in full quotes - that will pull up exact copies.

3. Nell Rose profile image92
      Nell Roseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Elderberry, just click on the link at the top of your hub page where it says warning, you will see the copied link in blue, click on that and it will take you straight to the stolen one, then you will find a contact bit on there to complain, okay?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nell - this is a great feature! Is it new?  I've gone through agony with copied hubs in the past (and traffic has never been revived on most of them. I have had any warnings about copies since the new icons in our accounts appeared, and I hope I don't experience that pain again, but I love this feature!

1. Nell Rose profile image92
          Nell Roseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not sure Marcy, I always look at the warning at the top of the hub click and open it, then click on the bad link, not sure if its new or not though, but it does help finding it quickly, and then we can have a go at them quicker! lol!

2. deannedegrandpre profile image59
    deannedegrandpreposted 3 years ago

You know? I had a copy of a story that I posted on my business site so that Staples could download it and print it out for Christmas presents. I decided to publish here and forgot to take it down from the other spot. I removed it and republished as the instructions said. It has been a week and I still have not been allowed to be live. At this point, it isn't doing anyone any good--and, it is a cause marketing piece related to a horrible kitten disease. I'd like to know how to unpublish is here and just move on.

3. word55 profile image79
    word55posted 3 years ago

Yes, write to the hub staff and inquire about it and they'll either tell you or refer you to a link where the copy or similar wording is.

working