jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

At Last Google announces Scraper Report for reporting scaped content

1. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 2 years ago

Google Scraper Report allows you to alert Google by providing the URL of the page where the content was taken from, the URL where the scraped content appears, the the search result URL that demonstrates the copy outranking the original.
    Read more at http://www.searchenginejournal.com/matt … bG2Vmb8.99

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's certainly great news.  Just a few things to note:

1.  This only covers situations where the plagiarized content actually outranks your Hub on search results pages.  What happens most of the time is that your Hub just starts to fall in rankings but the stolen content does not appear above your Hub.
      2.  This form will not get the content removed; you still have to go through the DMCA process for removal.

3.  This report will be used in-house by Google's webspam team to better hone the Google algorithm and to improve the quality of search results.

2. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 2 years ago

This sounds like a really positive development. I look forward to hearing what Google will do with the information!

3. ilikegames profile image82
    ilikegamesposted 2 years ago

This sounds great! I'm still relatively new so I don't have this issue yet (touch wood) but I'm sure it's going to be very helpful in the future.

4. tillsontitan profile image90
    tillsontitanposted 2 years ago

What great information.  Jan, you always provide truly thought provoking or informative forums.  Thanks.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What happened to your 'award-winning' avatar?  I hardly recognized you!!!!!!!!!!

5. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

It's a step in the right direction. I'm not happy to still fill out DCMA's though...   yikes