jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Can I publish a hub with content previously on my blog?

1. StephRS profile image88
    StephRSposted 2 years ago

Hi all

I'm about to take my blog down, but there are a couple of articles on there that I'd like to re-publish as a hub -- is this ok?

Or will it show up as duplicate content?

Any help would be much appreciated

1. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

After you remove the content from your blog, you will need to remove the stored cache of your content from search engines.  To remove the cache of your Hubs on Google:

http://support.google.com/bin/static.py … page=ts.cs
      (click inside the circle which says 'Web Search', then scroll down the page and click inside the circle which says 'A piece of content I am concerned about has already been removed by the webmaster but still appears among the search results.' Then, click on the link 'this tool.' You'll then be asked to sign in and then to enter the page URL and, if the page is still live, a word from the outdated cache page that you want to remove.

To remove the cache of your Hubs on Bing/Yahoo:
      http://www.bing.com/webmaster/help/bing … l-cb6c294d

It can take 24 – 48 hours for the removal process.

Then, wait about a week before you publish your article on HubPages.

2. jeserem profile image88
    jeseremposted 2 years ago

Yes, you can do that after deleting it from the blog and making sure that it has been de-indexed by the search engines. You can request for the URL to be removed by using Google and Bing Webmaster Tools.

3. Mark Lees profile image86
    Mark Leesposted 2 years ago

Hi Steph,

My first hub, when I was feeling the waters on here, was a re-worked blog post I had made. I had to delete the original blog post and it still didn't pass validation for 48 hours (after I had made a minor edit) as it showed up as duplicate content until google had updated with everything, but after that it was all good.

4. sassypiehole profile image84
    sassypieholeposted 2 years ago

Yep. Plus, even if you could, it would confuse the system and mess with any traffic you might have gotten otherwise. ;-)

5. swilliams profile image81
    swilliamsposted 2 years ago

Hi SepRs I was told by the Hub staff that you were not allowed to publish articles from your blog even if you wrote it. It will show up as duplicate content.

6. Kathleen Odenthal profile image95
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 2 years ago

If you disable your blog so that it is no longer active and people can't see it, then use the information for a hub that is okay. But you cannot re-publish the posts on your blog after you publish your hub.

7. The Examiner-1 profile image84
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

The best idea is to copy and save on a word processor or an unpublished Hub. After your blog is completely deleted, then you can publish the Hub.

8. mukhan92 profile image60
    mukhan92posted 2 years ago

Of course you can do so without anykind of trouble and hasitation. Just keep in mind that your content should be only on a single website in the form of published content at a time.
    So you can do it with full confidence.
    Have a nice day!