jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Related hubs question

1. 0
    sheilamyersposted 2 years ago

I'm taking a guess here and think the "Related Hubs" links are chosen based on the keywords within the hub on which they appear. Is that correct? If so, is there any way other than rewriting a hub to get those changed. I wrote a hub about how the English language should be the focus of what is learned in the United States, but all of the links are to hubs about how to learn Spanish. Or this going to be one of those things like the ads that I'm going to be stuck with?

1. Blake Flannery profile image90
      Blake Flanneryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I was told to send examples to team@hubpages when I mentioned that the quality of the hubs I was seeing listed in RH was low. What I learned is that my standards of quality are higher than the standards used by the raters. I don't think it was worth my time, but i got a short reply saying that they will be working to improve the RH listings.  Hopefully that will save you the trouble.

1. 0
        sheilamyersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Blake.

2. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I believe that the hub must be placed  in the correct group in order for the correct related hubs to show up. Just my experience.
      I just read an automotive repair article that had two columns  of weight loss hub titles..

1. 0

Thanks gallery. I'll have to make sure I pick the closest correct categories.

2. calculus-geometry profile image85
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

Titles seem to be a key factor in the algorithm that chooses the discover more hubs section, and the title of your hub has the phrase "learn spanish." 

I've always thought if the discover more section is filled titles that aren't yours, then it's probably better that they're unrelated.  Fewer tempting exits for readers means they're more likely to click on an ad, or one of the "previous" and "next" hubs in your hub group.

1. 0

Thanks calculus. I never thought about the title having any affect on the related links. I'll have to remember that and create better titles.