jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

HubPages notifications of recent hubs published

1. Denny Lyon profile image80
    Denny Lyonposted 7 years ago

As your friends/fans list grows it becomes an email blizzard to keep up with who is doing what and when.  As I like to comment on others' hubs I've found I can't do it any more for the volume of email notifications.

For the past 2 weeks I've had to turn off notifications and still have another 2,000 emails to go thru.

Is it possible to place all the notifications for the week of all a person's friends list all in one digest once a week?  I'd like to see the author's name, then the link to their latest hub, then a short description. 

That way I could go on down the list to make comments for them without the usual hunt and peck routine going thru each email one at a time because I don't know the subject or have to go into the email to get the link.  You would see a lot more participation from people if you could offer something like this.  Thanks for the listen...

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I believe your idea is fantastic!!! I have been trying to read all of my fans new articles and it seems endless and I can't get to all of them, I hope that HP does do something like this, way to go!!!smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is what I like about Gmail, it puts emails from the same person or with the same title in a single thread.

1. dingdong profile image59
          dingdongposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, it's good!

2. ccdursina profile image35
        ccdursinaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I totally agree that this thing is a great idea and it would help;
        possible, that's why I don't get anyone to comment on my hubs!
        No one has the time to read or is hard to stay organized and do it!
        (for a while I was discouraged and stopped writing! - what a shame for me!)

Looking forward to see this happening!

1. WHoArtNow profile image85
          WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The best way to get people to comment on your hubs, is to comment on other hubs first. It doesn't sound right, but I've seen a huge increase in comments because I'm commenting on others. Plus it helps your hubscore.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I 2nd that motion! big_smile lol ... a digest would be easier to sift through rather than 500 emails that come through, lol not that I get that yet, lol

3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

2000!?! I thought I was getting backlogged!

In the meantime, you could just turn notifications off and then use the "fan groups" (something to that effect) button in your account section to do pretty much what you described.

1. Denny Lyon profile image80
      Denny Lyonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! Great advice in lieu of a weekly digest.  Still would like to see a digest as could see more than one latest hub.  This also only works when you become a fan of those who become a fan of you - which I always do.

But definitely this is a doable alternative, thanks so much for stopping by with the solution!  A shot of celebration tequila coming your way! smile