FIXED: not receiving some email notifications

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (23 posts)
  1. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

Help!  Since I went offline last night  (Mon.07/09/2012) prior to Midnight.....to the current time Tues, 07/10   4:30 p.m. EST......I have not received a single email notification from HP.  I have however received other emails, so I don't believe this is an aol issue.   Normally in the 18 hrs I have recived Zero notifications, I would have received and responded to HUNDREDS.  I have tried to keep up via my feed, but I would really like to know how to remedy this issue asap!!  Thank you!    Paula

1. Matthew Meyer profile image72
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@Paula Sorry to hear you have not received your notification email messages.

The logs I can see show we sent the message today at 2012-07-10 07:05:22AM PT.

I'm trying to track more info down on our end.

Can you check your SPAM folder/category in your email to see if perhaps messages are being sent there?

There is also an FAQ entry related to this that has more details on troubleshooting:
        http://hubpages.com/faq/#not_getting_emails

2. fpherj48 profile image60
        fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Matthew....No, my HP mail has not been re-directed to my spam folder.   Today, now the 11th, is the 2nd day in a row with no email notifications whatsoever..........I'm frazzled!
        I will re-check my settings and will also go to the faqs you suggest........Don't leave me out here all alone, please!

2. Matthew Meyer profile image72

I did some further testing and I think I have been able to reproduce the issue as I too seem to be missing some email notifications for today.

I have forwarded this to our engineering team to be addressed.

Thanks for your help in tracking down the issue!

3. Matthew Meyer profile image72

We are still researching this issue.

Here are some general things to try:

Make sure your settings are "always" here:
      https://hubpages.com/my/profile/email

Many times our messages are sent to SPAM folders.  I was researching this issue earlier today and I had several notifications that did get classified as SPAM in my email inbox.

If you have not done so already, please read and follow the instructions in the FAQ here:
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#not_getting_emails

Can you check your SPAM folder and see if any of the messages are there?
      You may need to contact your ISP and/or email provider to determine how their SPAM filtering functions.

When is the last email notification (date/time/timezone) that your received from HubPages?

We are still researching this issue and sending multiple email messages without additional information slows the process.  If you have additional information, this forum is the best place for it.

We will post any updates to this forum thread.

While we track down this potential issue, you can see all of your notifications here:
      http://hubpages.com/my/activity/online-notifications

1. Dale Hyde profile image80
        Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not sure if this is new or not, but my most recent hub from Tuesday is now "sending" me email notifications of all comments that have been made on that hub since it was first published. Not duplicate, just a couple of days late and after the fact of me already responding to them.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image72

As some of you have noticed, there was a backlog of notifications that we processed. So you may be seeing a barrage of messages from a bit back in time.

Thanks again for everyone's patience.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Did you recheck your settings? Gremlins have been known to flick a few switches now and then... big_smile

@paradigmsearch

Have you received email notifications today?

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm only set to get the HP Weekly, which I got just fine. smile

Thanks for the reply!

I went in to check my settings.   The question pertaining to being notified via emiail  ...was marked "never".......this is a total mystery to me since I have received notifications since day one....and I know I haven't changed a thing.......I changed it just now to "always".....should I have hit "auto" instead?  I notice all other boxes are on "auto".
      So....now, if this has corrected my issue...how long should I wait?   If it hasn't, then obviously I still have a problem and don't know what else to do.
      I APPRECITE your advice!! Thank you.

I think you want to change from auto to always, except for things you are less likely to want to see.

The info I can see shows we sent a daily digest message today at 07:05AM PT.

I'm not 100% confident that the record showing a message was queued necessarily means the messaging server sent it or AOL received it as the same records also show that we sent you a daily digest yesterday at the the same time (2012-07-10 07:05:22).

It looks like you are using AOL as your email provider.

Can you check your SPAM folder again?
        http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/mic … lId=220797

You may want to change your SPAM notifications to "Remind me once each time I sign on:" until we determine what might be going on.

Also, the last time I show you as clicking (opening) a message was     2012-07-09 14:20:38.  Can you tell me the timedate stamp for the last message you received from HubPages?

1. fpherj48 profile image60

I will check into that and get right back to you......nothing from HP in my spam folder.........I already do receive a spam reminder each time I sign on........

It appears that the last email notification I opened and responded to was at 4:40 pm EST......which is a while before I went off line for the night.
          Still nothing in my email from HP......I've tried everything you have suggested.....

3. Georgie Lowery profile image90
    Georgie Loweryposted 11 years ago

I stopped getting HP e-mail notifications yesterday, and I haven't gotten any notifications on the actual HP website in the last three hours for anything.

EDIT: I just checked, and suddenly gmail has decided that anything coming from HP is spam, so I have 131 e-mails sitting in my spam folder. Awesome.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

Hey Matthew,

I received an email notification that someone posted a comment on one of my hubs. However, when I check out the comments on the hub and in my approval section, it doesn't exist?

The HubPages user i4u left a comment on your Hub Poem About Hatred.

To read and respond to this comment, follow the link below:

http://cagsil.hubpages.com/hub/A-Poem-Y … t-10331403

Don’t forget to moderate! Currently on this Hub, unmoderated comments are set to not be displayed. This means that this comment will not appear to others unless you approve it.

Even if you enter the link directly into a browser, the comment still isn't found?

edit: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:47 PM is the date and time I received the email.

@Cagsil
      It is possible that someone posted a comment and then deleted it before you saw it.

I don't feel like this is related to the notifications as folks are reporting not even getting notification message and it sounds like you did receive a message.

If this occurs again, can you document as much as possible and start a new Bug thread?
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99079

Thanks.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't sure it was a bug, which is why I didn't start a Technical problem. I figured it was a possible lost comment with the downtime of HubPages as of yesterday.

But, I'll remember what you said. It's been noted.

Thanks for taking the time to report it!

We are running through the backlog and should be caught up soon.

5. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Everything is back to normal... I received nearly 300 notifications at once!!!!!!!!!!  I appreciate your efforts.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)