jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

HTML Doctype issue

1. starme77 profile image87
    starme77posted 2 years ago

Hello - When trying to submit my domain into an rss feed I got the response back that the HTML coding says "doctype" instead of DOCTYPE and therefore can not be read, I dont think there is any way I can fix this since it is on your domain, can you help with this? Thanks

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Did you type <DOCTYPE html> or <!DOCTYPE html>.
      Did you also find out if HP HTML accepted it?

2. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Is your question about insertting HTML into your Hub content or are you talking about making an RSS feed from your HubPages content on an external site?

If it is related to your Hub content, then there are a limited number of tags withing the full HTML standard that are permitted and other are removed when you save your capsule.

2. starme77 profile image87

well when I found the HTML in Googlewebmaster tools it has <!DOCTYPE html>  at the very top - so maybe the rss read it wrong
    I do know that is has to be capitalized but not sure about the ! at the beginnning

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago in reply to this

It seemed to have it every time that I saw it entered and I checked more than one site, Wikipedia being one. I just wish that I could find my HTML book.

3. starme77 profile image87

Well, I am in Web Design 2 at the University of Phoenix, think I will pop over there and check out the one I put into my site that I am making for the class. HTML5 is rather new right now and some of the coding is different. I have put in so many freaking codes so fast in this course that right now my brain is all fogged up about em. Its to the point I am dreaming html code- man will I be glad for my break comming up - been is school for two years straight without one.

1. grand old lady profile image90
      grand old ladyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

lol that is so funny, dreaming of HTML codes. It must be a really difficult and absorbing course you are taking up.

4. starme77 profile image87

I have been in school for two years straight, no breaks, I will have my degree next week - yey smile  But seriously, my brain is freaking tired.  During those two years I also took care of my mother in law - took care of her in hospice for six months and my daughter ran away,  I kept on studying through all the craziness and - well, its caught up with me, I just need some sleep and I will remember this html thing haha. It is burried in there somewhere

working