FIXED: Q&A- "Make a Hub"

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)
  1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years ago

Today, I started to answer a question in the Q&A section, then decided it would be better as a hub, so I clicked on that option.

The dialog came up stating that my already-written comments would be saved and appear as a capsule in the hub.  However, that did not happen.  The partial answer I'd already written totally disappeared, and was NOT present when I got to the 'edit hub' screen.
    I scrolled all the way down, and it was not there; I tried the preview function, and all that showed was an empty 'comments' box.

What happened to my initial content????

1. Matthew Meyer profile image70
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

For questions about specific Hubs, if you would like us to respond, please include the title and/or URL for the Hub in question.

Please read over this thread so you are familiar with the information we necessary for a technical issue post.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99079

DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!  I thought I was careful to provide all the RELEVANT information...

I am using Windows XP; browser is Google Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m , and it says "Google Chrome is up to date" on the "about" screen.

This is the FIRST time this has ever happened; I cannot post a screen shot of something that does not exist!  The original answer I started to write is gone from the Q&A, and as I stated, neither did it copy to the hub I am attempting to write.

The question at issue is at this location:

http://crissylite.hubpages.com/question … arian-diet

You will see that there is no answer posted from me.
        (Though there might be a comment from me on another answer. (I got a "your comment is being moderated" dialog when I hit 'submit.') 
        This was done at a different time, after I had the issue with the failed transition, so no, it was not a matter of accidentally hitting the wrong button. 
        The question title itself actually did transfer correctly to the 'make a hub' screen, from which I chose the category, and 'continued' on to write the hub.
        It was at that point that I found the content of my initial answer had failed to transfer as well.
        The hub I am trying to write is located at:

http://dzymslizzy.hubpages.com/hub/What … arian-Diet

You will readily see there is no content.

Since my initial content is already gone, there is no point trying to duplicate the problem on a different browser, as that would only result in a duplicate hub title.

(I have used this function a few times before, and am well aware how it works, so additionally, no, I did not copy/cut my original content from the answer box.)

The button should allow you to start a new Hub from your answer to another user's questions.

I am NOT talking about comments on another author's answer, I'm talking about my own original attempt to answer the original question!  I fully realize you can neither move, nor 'make a hub' from a comment you make on someone else's answer!
            (I only mentioned that comment on another answer as a side note, to indicate that you "might" see such a comment from me, even in the absence of my original answer attempt, which disappeared completely.)

What my original comment/complaint was about, was that MY original ANSWER THIS QUESTION attempt failed to copy over when I changed my mind to 'make a hub about it.'

If this, has changed, and the original answer content can no longer be exported when selecting 'make a hub about it,' then this needs to be fixed by Hub Pages, for when selecting "Make a Hub About it," under the 'answer' box in the Q & A section, if you have already begun an answer there, and changed your mind to, "make a hub about it," a dialog comes up that clearly states that your content will be copied into a capsule in your new hub!!

I've used this before, and it was there, and it has worked in the past.  If that has been taken away, then HP also needs to remove that dialog, and replace it with an advisory to manually copy the (original answer you were writing) content before proceeding!

If this (transfer) utility is still in place, then a glitch is happening, which also needs to be addressed, which is what I said in the first place.

Thanks for providing such a detailed explanation.

So the feature should work from the Hubs of other authors.

I see the message to which you are referring and was able to test and see that the entered answer does, indeed, not transfer to the Hub as the message states.

I have forwarded this to our engineering team, but in the meantime you should be able to manually copy the text from the question to your new Hub.  You may want to open both in different tabs to make this easier.

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image70

I was just informed that our engineering team has deployed a fix for this issue.
          So the content from answers, going forward, will now be copied to a resulting Hub as the message indicates.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

You simply should have 'copied' your work from Q&A and 'pasted' it into Word (save) until you started a Hub.

I guess in the future, I will..but I've never had to before, and the instructions for doing so quite plainly state that your work will  be saved and copied into a capsule in your new hub. 

It has always worked as stated in the past.....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)