jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way to show that your hub was inspired by someone's question?

1. KrystalD profile image81
    KrystalDposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to show that your hub was inspired by someone's question?

Ideas come to me as I am answering questions that I later decide to write a hub about. Is there anyway to link a question to a hub?

2. plussize-lingerie profile image60
    plussize-lingerieposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5949928_f260.jpg

When you answer a question, as long as you do it by looking at the question in full, rather than the preview mode you get on your Hubpages Home page, you'll see that there is a "Make a Hub about it button" (see attached image). That, I believe, links your hub in as an answer.

If you write an answer, and then separately later want to write a hub about it, you can't then add a link, as you can only answer a question once, and I believe you are not encouraged to place links to hubs within answers anyway, though I'm not clear why. To stop fake questions as ways of promoting hubs, I expect.

You can't edit answers after 10 mins either, so if you want to write a hub as a linked answer, you need to do it at the stage you decide to answer the question.

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

You might want to acknowledge the place or person where you got the inspiration from personally.

4. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 6 years ago

Well I just got inspired by someone's question about "If there existed a time machine, and we could go back in time, what would I want to change."

My response in the question included the fact that I would create a hub for the answer I left there.  I'm not sure if its something I couldn't or shouldn't have done.  The rules isn't clear as for leaving a comment as such, because I hadn't even created the hub yet.  Plus I never made any reference to such a link that would lead anyone for that matter to it. 

So I truly don't see a problem with telling of the inspiration of such a new hub, & that an entirely new idea of a hub would be initiated by attempting to answer the question itself.  Also I only thought that you could create a hub linked to the question, after trying to create a secondary comment; which isn't possible as the Hubpages system suggests after trying (thus the create a hub about the question default message that appears). 

I'm not really to sure about all this, & can't provide a definitive answer, but I figured maybe by telling of my own experience, it could help assist in possibly finding a much clearer answer.  Maybe someone has a much better answer, try asking the question to the hubpages staff as well.

5. cheaptoys profile image60
    cheaptoysposted 6 years ago

maybe you can insert a link to the question page on your hub

working