jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)

About photos for hubs

1. AlmirH profile image60
    AlmirHposted 8 years ago

Hello there!

I thought I could ask you something hub photos?
    Are the hubs without photos considered substandard.I am afraid of my articles being flagged as substandard if I don't add any photos to them!I already have some articles ready to be published but I don't have any photos for them.so I keep them unpublished to prevent flagging.
    I need some photos on  subjects of depression and gang wars.But I don't know how to obtain them.I am very carefull not to violate Terms of Use and Privacy Policies.I am thinking of taking
    snapshots from movies but I don't know if that is also considered a violation.
    I could really use your help in this metter?

Thanks Guys!

1. Abhishek87 profile image76
      Abhishek87posted 8 years ago in reply to this

No, hubs are not considered if there are not photos but everyone would advise you have to have them as they add to your hub and keep the readers interested, also you get more traffic because of them ( like from images.google.com). Basically  hub having a lot of text and no photos would seem a bit boring, woudn't it ?

Try searching Google for "free pics" for your hub topics. Try Flickr and other similar sites and don't forget to credit the owner of the photos.

AlmirHposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank You!I will try that!

2. bayareagreatthing profile image81
        bayareagreatthingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Flickr photos usually are copyright photos- unless you use creative commons-

2. bayareagreatthing profile image81
      bayareagreatthingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Here are some suggestions that I can offer for photos
      http://hubpages.com/hub/photo-istock

2. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

You can easily search Flickr (and several other sites) for Creative Commons licensed photos and other content on this site:

http://search.creativecommons.org/

Thanks man!I appreciate your help!

1. ngureco profile image86
        ngurecoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Its not a must you use photos. But your main traffic will be based on:

1. Google text
        2. Google images
        3. Google Video

If you use all three then chances are better you'll get good traffic.

1. Abhishek87 profile image76
          Abhishek87posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Does it matter if we use Google or Youtube? Which one garners more votes ?

Thanks again on the advice!

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
            Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He's not saying you should use Google Images - in fact, you MUST NOT use Google Images, because they are probably copyright. What he's saying is that those are the searches which will find your Hub.

2. AlmirH profile image60

Thank you o your response!
          I'll do my best to follow this advice to the fullest.
          Take care!

3. Sally's Trove profile image98
    Sally's Troveposted 8 years ago

Favorite royalty-free sites of mine are sxc.hu (for photos) and sangrea.net (for cartoons).  Be sure to read the fine print on sxc.hu, because not all are royalty-free.  Another is freerangestock.com, but their selection is limited.

If I find a photo or illustration I want to use but the terms are not clear, I email the site and ask permission.  This is a great strategy, because not only will the site owner most always agree, you will also get a backlink (if you play your cards right).

Good luck!

I am greatful for your response and advices!I'll try them!
      See you around!

4. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image92
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 8 years ago

I get a pretty good amount of views from image searches.

Thank you for you response!

5. dineane profile image83
    dineaneposted 8 years ago

I'm curious how other traditional writers (by that I mean you considered yourself a writer pre-internet writing) feel about adding images. I'm pretty slack about it, figure my amazon & ebay ads add enough 'variety' to the pages, and I find that when I'm reading a really well-written hub, I might go back and look at the pictures if someone comments that one was interesting or whatever, but I hardly notice the pictures when I'm reading.

I understand the images could help with the google image search, but other than that, how much value does hunting down appropriate photos really add?

6. dineane profile image83
    dineaneposted 8 years ago

Oh - lookie there - that was my 100th forum post :-)

sorry for the hijack!

Hello there! Thank you for your response!
      About photos...!I think they reflect our will and determination to make a good story.To reach out,visualize and simply make a bigger impact on a reader.
      By the way...!Congratulation on your 100th post

See you around!

7. Ktoo profile image61
    Ktooposted 7 years ago

I've been using Stock Exchange (SXC) and very happy with the choices there so far.

8. asalvani profile image73
    asalvaniposted 7 years ago

You can buy photos for a 1$ or less using sites that offers you royalty free photos to use.
    these are the sites, you can browse different categories to suit your topic:

iStockphoto.com
    www.Shutterstock.com

these two are the best ones but you can also google some 'free royalty photos' that are less quality and effect for your visitors.

hope this helps:)

working