jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Hubber score

1. Jay Connors profile image84
    Jay Connorsposted 2 years ago

Maybe someone can help me out.  When I woke up a couple of hours ago, my Hubber score was one number and now it is 2 numbers lower.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about my score, I am just trying to understand how it can fluctuate the way it does.  I have been publishing hubs recently and my views are at a personal high.  Any ideas why this happens?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There is a random factor built into the algorithm. Don't worry about it too much unless it goes under 85. I see that yours is now under 85. Since some of it is randomness, you shouldn't try to make any extreme changes.

I took a look at your profile and it looks like you recently published two hubs. They look like high quality hubs.   Hubbers have noted a decrease in their score when they publish a hub.  If you simply wait, it should go back up without your having to do anything.

I understand the anxiety of having a score that is under 85. For this reason, I think you want a  score in the 90's.  Publishing more hubs, one at a time, will likely help your score increase over time.  So keep doing what you are doing.  Also, since the scores of your hubs are a big (and more important) factor in the Hubber score, I recommend going over some of your lower scoring hubs to see what you can do to make them better. Re-read them, check the grammar, add more quality content, etc.

2. Jay Connors profile image84
    Jay Connorsposted 2 years ago

Oh great. Just dropped from 85 to 83 in a matter of hours this morning.  Thanks for the advice.  I'll have to take a look at my existing hubs.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image96
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Jay Connors:

If a score goes below 85 it only means that their outgoing links will become no follow links.  In many cases this will not affect anything.

Try participating more in forums and questions and see if that ups your score.

Jay Connorsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'll have to give that a try.  I have been on here for several months now, and this is the first forum I have participated in.  Thanks for the help.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Jay, accounts with a small number of Hubs, like yours, are more susceptible to score fluctuations.  Most users find that having 50 or more Hubs makes an account a lot more stable.

Jay Connorsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Okay, good to know.  I guess I have some writing to do.  Thank you.

1. KawikaChann profile image88
        KawikaChannposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hang in there Jay, you'll be fine. Get your hub count up, participate in forums, rate some hubs, and you'll see a steady increase... oh, and if you visit ALL my hubs and leave positive comments you'll gain an instant 10 points!!! Muahahhahaaa. Good luck bud. Peace. Kawi.