Pinterest Titles

1. lisavollrath profile image88
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I noticed that when my latest recipe, "Black Bean & Mango Salad (Vegan)", is pinned on Pinterest, the bold title assigned to it is "Black Bean & Mango Salsa", but the text that appears in the description field is "Black Bean & Mango Salad (Vegan)".

Not a big deal, but I'd prefer that whatever voodoo that's pulling information to create those titles for Pinterest actually use the real title of the hub.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We make the information available to social network sites and search engines, but it is up to them to determine how it is displayed.

You can check the format for your Hub using this page.

Here is the results link: … ango-Salad

It shows this is the title we are passing "Black Bean & Mango Salad (Vegan)"

If the title you see on Pinterest is an old title that you have since updated, then they may check and update the title in the future as they seem to cache the state of the link when it was first shared.

2. lisavollrath profile image88
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I just repinned it, and it's still displaying as Salsa rather than Salad. So far, it's the only thing I've pinned from HubPages to Pinterest that isn't displaying the correct title.