I'd Like Feedback on My Article: How to Avoid Getting Banned by Pinter

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Isivwe Muobo profile image71
    Isivwe Muoboposted 3 years ago

I have several articles published on here, but quite a lot of them languishing here on the parent site.

This is one of them:

How to Avoid Getting Banned by Pinterest

https://hubpages.com/business/How-to-Av … -Pinterest

I would love and a
    appreciate feedback on what to do to improve the article.

Thanks in advance

1. quotations profile image87
      quotationsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I realize this is subjective, but I felt you spent too much time talking about your experiences with Pinterest and what Pinterest is, rather than the actual topic, which is how to avoid getting banned. In my view, most of the lead up to your points did not really have to be in the article and was just filler. So I would tighten up the writing bu focusing on the actual topic. The rest is informative and should probably go into a separate related article.

Isivwe Muoboposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi, thanks for responding. I actually shared my experience to throw more light on what Pinterest is for those who are new to the platform.

However, I get that people do have a short attention span, especially if the get to my article via the search engine, so I'll be moving the part that talks about my title close to the start of the page or will just rework the entire article like someone suggested.

2. Eurofile profile image97
    Eurofileposted 3 years ago

The points you make in this article are interesting and useful. I think it just needs a little tweaking and restructuring to get moved. Here are some suggestions:
    I found the caption with the first image a little confusing. Are you going to write about what Pinterest is or how to avoid being banned?
    There's a long way to go in the article before we get to the part that relates to the title about how to avoid being banned.
    Maybe you should decide what your focus is? A big chunk of this article is information about Pinterest. Maybe you could change the title to reflect this? Something like "A Guide to Pinterest and How to Stick to the Rules" or "How to Use Pinterest and Keep the Rules" might work better.
    Once you have reworked the title, you could plan the capsules a little. I don't think it's necessary to repeat the title in the first capsule. Maybe you could choose a different sub-heading?
    The 'cont'd' capsule heading doesn't look professional. Is it necessary? Is there a way round it?
    I like the numbered points. They lend themselves to an index.
    You could consider adding a final text capsule to summarise your thoughts.
    I hope this is helpful. You have a lot of useful information in this article. I hope you can get it moved with a few changes.

Great advice. The caption for the first photo happened because of a little greed on my part, trying to rank for two keywords. Lol

However, I'll tale your advice and tweak the title a bit to filly reflect all that's contained in the post.

3. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image94
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 3 years ago

A few random thoughts.

People have short attention spans these days, and the section that relates to your title is at the very end of your article. You should either move that section to the start of the article, or reword the title to something like How to Get Started on Pinterest.

There are some spelling and grammatical errors, e.g. "later" instead of "latter" Try running it through Grammerly, or get a friend to proof-read it.

Check out the competition. I googled your title and had more than 50 million results, the top ones were well written and totally on topic. Even if you get this hub moved to a niche site, think about whether the effort of getting it accepted is going to be worth it.

I'll search for and correct those errors. Thanks for pointing them out.

For the search volume, I'll just take my chances and hope my optimizing the post for the keywords and also adding a video will work for me. Haha.

4. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 3 years ago

I felt about the same as Beth. It was good to read those facts again but I kept saying "what about getting banned?". If those facts are not at the top of the article, most readers are just going to bounce out of there even before you have an impression.
    If you feel like all the other details are really important and do not want to rearrange, at least use a table of contents so that a reader that is just skimming can go right to what he or she wants to read.
    It is a very saturated subject though so I doubt you would ever have many page views, no matter how much you improved it.

Thanks @DrMark1961

How do I use a Table of Content? Didn't know you could do that here.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
        DrMark1961posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Brandon has a link in his SEO article. https://hubpages.com/community/HubPages … -SEO-Guide
        That method is all that is available. There is no capsule, so it is not easy to use, but it is well worth it so that the reader can access the material he or she is looking for. I personally find it frustrating when I am looking for a tiny bit of obscure information and I go to some page and cannot find what I am looking for. A TOC takes care of that.
        You can also just use the TOC to hyperlink to capsules that answer specific things. Here is an example https://pethelpful.com/dogs/my-dog-is-s … -other-dog

5. Marketing Merit profile image93
    Marketing Meritposted 3 years ago

Not sure if this has been said, but I would be inclined to credit your photo sources. You don’t have to link, but at least provide a name. I always feel it makes the article appear more reputable.

As regards the TOC, I have had mixed results with this. I prefer them in longer articles, as you can jump to the relevant section, as has already been said. However, after spending ages doing this for one of my articles on a niche site, it was later removed by an HP editor, when the article was premium edited.

Hope this helps, although you have already received a ton of good advice here.

I cannot imagine how frustrating that would be. The TOC takes so long to add. I would have definitely complained. I know Robin said it was okay but I am not sure who you would contact about something like that now. (I think it was an idividual editor that did that without realizing the TOC was approved for the benefits of the readers.)

1. profile image0
        Prazzoitposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

They editors have never removed the TOC from one of my articles; therefore, I did not complain.
          Have the editors prevented you from using the German article "the"? Das... has a better ring to it than most other names. What was that movie about the submarine, DasBoot?

2. Marketing Merit profile image93
          Marketing Meritposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Was pretty peeved about it and haven't inserted any TOCs since. As you say Dr Mark, they take an age to do and are beneficial for readers.

Notice the resident spammer is back...should give you and Bev some fun!

I cannot understand what he is so angry about. Those comments to Bev are beyond the pale.

1. theraggededge profile image96
              theraggededgeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I know exactly why he targets me, It's because Kyler gave him a little kudos for his obscenities, a little shout-out, a bit of positive attention, so now he thinks I'm his best source for the attention he craves. I've had personal 'fan mail' from him today.

The comment on Sondra's thread was vile. Why HP are unable to block its IP is beyond me.

Poor sod. His life must be so empty.

2. Isivwe Muobo profile image71
      Isivwe Muoboposted 3 years ago

I want to thank everyone who took the time to go through my article and then offered helpful tips.

I took your advice and worked on the title, and it was accepted into one of the niche sites.

Not to sound too emotional or religious, but may you always find help when you need it.

Thanks once again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)