jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How safe is your personal information when you put it on adsense?

1. louise-barraco profile image83
    louise-barracoposted 23 months ago

Hi My name is Louise and I am new to hubpages, I  don't know how to get paid and I am wondering if being affiliated with an ad program via hubpages is safe. Help is greatly appreciated.

2. Kylyssa profile image96
    Kylyssaposted 23 months ago

I've been giving my personal and financial information to businesses and financial institutions online for around twenty years. That includes Adsense, which I signed up for something like six or so years ago. None of that information has been compromised.

The thing is, people are aware of crimes like identity theft now and it's easy to challenge purchases you did not make and other actions you did not take. The risks are incredibly small and the benefits are well worth it.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 23 months ago

People tend to either feel it's safe, or not.  The main thing is, HubPages has established criteria for how they want to do business and make payments, and you either go along with what they offer, or you go elsewhere.

You will need a PayPal account to receive money, and an active AdSense account in order to participate in the majority of the programs here.

The FAQ and the Learning Center both discuss all the details.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 23 months ago

If you are online with any account, your personal information is out there!  Look at big stores that had their accounts hacked!  Places like Pay Pal deal with big business and do all they can to protect their customers.  It is simple: Hackers are out there!

5. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 23 months ago

I believe that the adsense program is secure, and do not have any worries to date.

But, if someone were to hack it, they surely would not waste their time grabbing my pennies.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 23 months ago

LOL colorfulone!!!   When I get money in Pay Pal, I immediately transfer it.  My bank always calls me if something odd is going on with my bank account.

7. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 23 months ago

Well Linda, its like this...there are bigger fish to fry. smile