RESOLVED: AdSense server errors (can't change, add, or apply)

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
    Matthew Meyerposted 8 years ago

There is currently an issue with AdSense that is interfering with changes, additions, or applications.
    We are aware of the issue and are in communication with Google AdSense and hope they will have a solution shortly.

Please note this only affects account configuration.

Thanks for your patience.

Matthew Meyerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Deleted

1. Karolyn Kokko profile image71
          Karolyn Kokkoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. sagolia profile image60
            sagoliaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Any chance Google has given an ETA for the fix yet? Thanks.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71

UDATE 10.20.2015

Google is aware of this issue, but, unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for a fix at this time.

There is a message on the AdSense association for profiles to warn of this on-going issue.

That message will be removed and this forum will be updated when we have more information regarding Google fixing this issue.

Thanks for your continued patience.

1. profile image53
            Emily Wakeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Is there a special reason for it taking so long? I mean, if this an issue for other sites, do they have to do each site individually? Is it a server issue? If we knew this, we could have a general idea of the length of time it might take.

Google has acknowledged that the issue is with their servers, but has provided no ETA for when a fix might be deployed.

We will post any updates to this forum thread as Google provides them to us.
              Thanks for your patience.

3. Matthew Meyer profile image71

We have some preliminary information that indicates Google AdSense may have addressed this issue.
          If you have a chance today, you may want to try the AdSense configuration action you had in the past. Give it a try and let us know if it works or not.

We hope to have some more definitive information from Google confirming the fix soon.

Thanks again for your patience!

1. sagolia profile image60
            sagoliaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It worked!

Great!

2. Charu Bhatnagar profile image75
            Charu Bhatnagarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hello,

I tried configuring my "Google AdSense" account again today. But I received the same message.

You are currently signed into the Google Account "username@gmail.com", which is either not an active AdSense account, or still pending an approval. This account cannot be used to monetize your content.
            To sign in to your existing AdSense account, visit google.com/adsense.

2. Karolyn Kokko profile image71
        Karolyn Kokkoposted 8 years ago

Hi,  When I went to the site management under my Adsense account, I did see my hubpage already listed.  However, when I tried to check it and click the "add site" button, I received a error message that said it was "not a valid public domain name."  If you any further advice, I would truly appreciate it!
        Thanks!

There is no known workaround at this time.
          We are waiting for an update from Google and will post when we have more information from them regarding their site.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
        LuisEGonzalezposted 8 years ago

Unable to see views in Analytics so is this related to the same issue?

@Luis I do not think that analytics would be related.
          I just checked my analytics account and it shows information for my HubPages subdomain.

4. No Half Measures profile image60
        No Half Measuresposted 8 years ago

I am also trying to link my HubPages account to my AdSense account and am getting the following message "Cannot connect to the server. Please check your Internet connection and try again."

This happens on multiple devices and both WiFi and 4G

That is the issue that this thread describes.
          Please see above for more information.
          http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2770720

1. Karolyn Kokko profile image71
            Karolyn Kokkoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am a bit puzzled because while my earnings have increased ever-so-slightly since a week ago, it still doesn't look like my general Hub address is synced up to my Google AdSense account.  Just trying to figure out why my earnings would go up, but the "not a valid domain name" message would continue to pop on  Any updates would be appreciated.  Thanks!

@Karolyn

This forum thread is related to the on-going issue with AdSense's servers.
              You can email us at team@hubpages.com if you have any specific questions about your account.

2. David Trujillo profile image51
              David Trujilloposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"not a valid domain name", you mean on "Site Management" inside adsense?? I did it like in the attachment.

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12722958_f248.jpg

But still, I have your same issue. 2 years with my adsense account active and not a penny, not even data on traffic inside adsense. I have been trying to see if some configuration was needed inside adsense and so far I have added my hubpages site like in the photo.

But 24 hours later no data. If there something else that needs to be done??

3. David Trujillo profile image51
              David Trujilloposted 8 years agoin reply to this

In my 2, 3 year experience here earnings always increase by the end of October till January or February, then they decrease again and has nothing to do with traffic.

Apparently in the online advert business the cost for advetising increase depending on demand, so the holiday seasons tend to be better paying for us than the rest of the year. No idea is Hubpages is open about their revenue per impression changing thoughout the year, but this has been my experience.

A puzzle, because some days I get double traffic but half the revenue.

2. Catherine Barrett profile image61
          Catherine Barrettposted 8 years ago

I'm setting up my first HubPages account. Signing up for both the HubPages Ad Program and the HubPages Amazon program appears to be dependent on having a linked AdSense account. Is there any way to bypass that requirement while AdSense is broken?

1. profile image0
              SayaEducationposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It worked for me as well... thanks.

3. livingelysian profile image76
          livingelysianposted 8 years ago

It is now working for me! All set up!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
        Necessary
        HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
        LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
        Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
        AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
        HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
        Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
        CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
        Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
        Features
        Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
        Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
        Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
        PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
        MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
        Marketing
        Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
        Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
        Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
        Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
        Statistics
        Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
        ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
        Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
        ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)