jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Editing hubs guaranteed to decrease hubscore?

1. Ghaaz B profile image84
    Ghaaz Bposted 22 months ago

I edited my hub that had been sitting at 85 for a good week or so now when I found a simple spelling mistake. That hub's score is now plummeting after fixing this one mistake. I also had another hub drop from 93 all the way down to 78 after I fixed up 5 or 6 spelling/grammar mistakes.

I know people say not to worry about the hubscore... but why bother having it at all if it's more than completely broken, dysfunctional and useless, and is in fact disheartening, detrimental to the entire writing process and even sometimes a little depressing?

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
      Jayne Lancerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Hubscore drops for me, too, whenever I edit a hub. I always find something I could do better when I read through my hubs, so I never even look at my best scorers.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 22 months ago

I doubt if fixing the errors made your scores drop.  It could be traffic related.  You have some very interesting, well written hubs.  I would try to get them out via social media and see if that helps.  With some of your topics, Twitter might be a good place to find readers if you use specific hashtags.  You haven't been here long, it takes time. I know there are people out there that would be very interested in your content.

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 22 months ago

I always see more traffic and either a stable score or slight rise.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 22 months ago

It is strange that sometimes a score will get lower when you edit a hub.  I'm not sure why that is - it may simply be a function of a more strict rater giving it a low rating.  But don't get depressed by it.  If you have made the hub better, you should be happy that you caught the error and have made the correction.  Over time, the score will go back up as other people who read it notice the quality piece that it is.

5. Cheeky Kid profile image88
    Cheeky Kidposted 22 months ago

oh that happened to me too. I tried to edit an unfeatured hub 2 times (to get it featured), and now the score plummeted to 58.