jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

How to Use This Forum

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 22 months ago

The purpose of this Forum is to ask for feedback and help on specific Hubs. You are allowed to post links to your own Hubs in this Forum for the purpose of seeking tips and critiques from other experienced Hubbers.

All links in this forum are nofollowed. Spammy and affiliate links are obviously still no-go.

Have fun, give and receive constructive criticism, and keep it friendly.

Happy Hubbing!

1. My Esoteric profile image89
      My Esotericposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

I would like feedback on this Hub recently turned down by HubPages.  I am curious as to what they found wrong.  Thanking you in advance:  http://hubpages.com/politics/American-P … milton-281

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

My Esoteric:  From what I can see, you need to remove the links at the bottom of your article. You can state what they are, just don't link them.

Also, your sections are too long.  You need to shorten them into more specific capsules.

Your title is way too long.  It should only be 55 characters. 

I think if you correct these things, you'll be OK.  Good Luck.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Firstly, your first sentence is pointless because the vast majority of your readers on HubPages won't be reading your Hubs in order at all.  This is the weakness of HubPages if you want to write a series - readers can't follow you and be notified as each new piece comes out.   Your followers can, but they are just other writers on HubPages, not readers. 

But to get back to the point:  online, never repeat headings.  If you are writing to attract readers, you must not upset Google - and creating virtually identical titles will do just that.  So there's no need to start every Hub with the words "American Politics" or the name of your series.   Put the actual title, then in the first paragraph say something like, "this is the nth article in the series on .......

It is possible that HubPages doesn't like the list of links to your other Hubs at the end.  I suggest linking to the previous one in the series and the next one, and leave it at that.

3. RonElFran profile image97
        RonElFranposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Your subject is one I'd be interested in reading about, but your title is far too long and confusing. I probably wouldn't click on it. Also, in my quick skim I found one misspelling: you said "No Term Limits Rational" when you meant "No Term Limits Rationale."

1. My Esoteric profile image89
          My Esotericposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Boy, what a difference an 'e' makes in meaning. Thanks.  I changed the title as you and others suggested.