jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Accidentally clicked on an ad on my own hub - will this cause trouble?

1. Cardia profile image90
    Cardiaposted 18 months ago

I recently published a Hub last night and while reading it again this morning, I accidentally clicked on a banner ad that was at the bottom of it. I know that Adsense frowns upon clicking on your own ads, and this is honestly the first time that I've ever done that. I'm so worried that they'll freeze my account or something.
    Do you think this would cause a serious problem for me?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Hi Cardia,

As others have mentioned, 1 or 2 accidental clicks won't make a difference. Just try not to make a habit of it. smile

2. Barack James profile image86
    Barack Jamesposted 18 months ago

That's not enough to be penalised, just make sure you be careful not to click on your own ads because repeating the same mistake will land you in trouble with AdSense team.

3. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 18 months ago

Somewhere on Adsense they make the statement that they know accidents happen and the occasional accidental click shouldn't be a problem.

4. Thelma Alberts profile image82
    Thelma Albertsposted 18 months ago

It´s good to know about that as I am always scared and very careful to check my hubs on my smartphone.

5. Cardia profile image90
    Cardiaposted 18 months ago

Okay, thanks everyone! I was just a little paranoid that my accidental clicking would have messed up my Adsense account. Thanks for the reassurance!

6. Indianstudent profile image60
    Indianstudentposted 18 months ago

It's not good think. Try to avoid it.