jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

formatting

1. ClearInsightProds profile image83
    ClearInsightProdsposted 21 months ago

Two problems

1. double spacing between lines when I want single spacing
    2. how do I centre a text in a text block?
    3. Is there a gallery feature?

thanks

1. SpaceShanty profile image93
      SpaceShantyposted 20 months ago in reply to this

As relache said, copying and pasting text from one place to another can cause problems with formatting.  The simple solution is to copy and paste it into a notepad document first and then copy and paste it from there into a Hub, this will remove all formatting.

2. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 20 months ago in reply to this

What you have to do is upload your text from a Word document.  Then, while in the Edit mode of a text capsule, highlight the single-spaced text and choose 'Preformatted' from the scroll down beside 'Paragraph.' Then, click on 'Save' in the Editing capsule.

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12378154.jpg

ClearInsightProdsposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Thanks I'll try that.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 21 months ago

1) This problem often happens when pasted content carries formatting tags or code inside it.  Try clearing the formatting and see if that fixes it.

2) You should be able to center text using the built-in formatting tools found in the text capsule.

3) The photo capsule offers a couple variations for displaying more than one image.

3. aprilsemogan profile image87
    aprilsemoganposted 20 months ago

Hi,

I have to agree with relache, the double spacing formatting results from copying and pasting text. For this, you can follow space shanty's suggestion to paste it on notepad, or if you have microsoft word with you, you can use that as well. After that, you can edit the text and post it on you hub's capsule. Maximize the use of the formatting tools within the capsule if you want to align the text center or display more photos.

ClearInsightProdsposted 20 months ago in reply to this

thanks for the replies. It was in lists that it goes to double spacing. I sorted it by making them bullet point list but what I wanted was to put a list of names in single spacing - even when I clean up the list and take out formatting, it still goes double spacing. Well for now I'll use bullets.

So far I can't find any alignment buttons. It seems to automatically align to the left. The format options that I can see are bold, italic and regular. Where are the align options? Is it because I use safari??

Thanks for the help. Dx

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 20 months ago

Here's the link that takes you to the Hub tool guide,

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/using-hubtool

working