jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Image resizing derivative work ?

1. TomaGerdzhikov profile image60
    TomaGerdzhikovposted 18 months ago

So i have recently started learning about creative commons, and how to use images properly on HubPages. After reviewing the tutorial in the learning center i was left with a few additional questions. Mainly i learned how to use images with the Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) license, but i am still a bit foggy on how to use the Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) one. Then after some reading up online i found out that i could use the latter just like (CC BY 2.0) as long as it is in its original form and its attributed properly. And here are my questions:
    Does the auto resizing feature in the HubPages image tool count as a derivative and must i register an image just because of that so i can use it in a hub ?
    If so what is the step by step proses of registering and image with a Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0) license?
    By the way i have no intention of changing or editing  the images for my future hubs at this point but the  (CC BY 2.0) images i can find are limited in comparison to the amount of (CC BY-SA 2.0) ones.

I'm really grateful for any advice on the matter.
    Thx smile

1. aprilsemogan profile image86
      aprilsemoganposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Regarding the image, it would be better if you put the link and mention it as your source. There's no need to register the image. Images have copyright and that is one thing that you don't want to violate and resizing the image cannot be considered as altering.

1. TomaGerdzhikov profile image60
        TomaGerdzhikovposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the help smile

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 18 months ago

No, resizing without any other changes is not considered altering or creating a derivative work.