jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

How do you find pictures to use for your articles?

1. Gypsy Scribe profile image90
    Gypsy Scribeposted 2 years ago

How do you find pictures to use for your articles?

Can anyone tell me what Hubpage's rules are on using copyrighted pictures? How do I find usable pictures to use for the topics I want to write about?

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

This is where I go freedigitalphotos.net.  All you need to do is for each photo you use you have to give attribution.  Usually it is the name of the person who submitted the image and the website.  Never had issues with this.

3. profile image0
    M L Morganposted 2 years ago

Hi, Gypsy.

I sometimes use Foter.com for images. All you have to do on their website is type in the scene or object that you are looking for, once the images have loaded, select commercial or non-commercial usage, located at the top of the screen. The page will reload and only show images that you may publicly use on your blog or articles.

If you wish to edit your images, you must click on the image and check the usage rights, towards the bottom right of the image. If the modification box is highlighted green, you can modify the image with a photo editor, if it states non-commercial, you must avoid using the image on articles.

Once you have saved the image to your computer, you must always copy and paste the owners photo credit details, printed at the bottom of the image screen and put them in the image attribution box, located on the upload photo area of your article.

Never use images that state not for commercial use, the owner can search their image using various programs and if they find you've used it without permission, they can sue you.

I hope that helps, I'm slightly rubbish at giving instructions and directions smile x

4. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 2 years ago

I tend to use my own but also go to Wikimedia Commons. You have to attribute where appropriate but many are in the public domain. There are other sites around you can use like Pixabay and freedigitalphotos.net. Also, check out the forums of the recent past you may find more useful information from very experienced hubbers there.
    best of luck with your choices.

5. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

I normally take my own photos and use them for my articles. I can't use other people's photos, I prefer my own really.

6. Gypsy Scribe profile image90
    Gypsy Scribeposted 2 years ago

Thank you, everyone, for your input! A couple of you have mentioned a site or two I'm not familiar with so I'll be checking those out. I appreciate the help tremendously!

7. misterhollywood profile image96
    misterhollywoodposted 2 years ago

Pixbay is good and royalty free. It seems like they update the site once a week so check often.

1. Gypsy Scribe profile image90
      Gypsy Scribeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, John! smile

8. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

You should try pixabay. I love this site with lots of good pics

9. zaynali profile image60
    zaynaliposted 2 years ago

According to the rules you can use all the best pitchers by giving source reference link to the page you are taking pitcher from... I used to search on Google for the topic i need pitchers and put the page reference in caption to use them in a legal way smile

10. Payal N Naik profile image76
    Payal N Naikposted 2 years ago

There are many sites wikimedia, morguefile.com, flicker, freedegitalphotos. net.
    You can use any of the above mentioned sites, in most of the images you have to give attribution when you use the image.

working