jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Is this the right forum to sell your hubpages?

1. cineteq profile image81
    cineteqposted 17 months ago

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 17 months ago

There is no forum for selling your Hubs.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 17 months ago

You could try, but it is pretty impossible to sell a hub because it is within your account.  It si easier to sell entire accounts as they are transferable.

4. cineteq profile image81
    cineteqposted 17 months ago

Thanks for your responses. The last few years I had very little time to update my lenses/hubpages. So, yes I want to sell my account. Is this the right place?

5. psycheskinner profile image83

There is not specific place for that but here seems as good as anywhere.

6. Jayne Lancer profile image90
    Jayne Lancerposted 17 months ago

I've absolutely no experience of this, but maybe you could try on Ebay in the category 'Websites and Businesses for Sale'.

7. chasmac profile image98
    chasmacposted 17 months ago

Just to be clear - You obviously can't sell your Hubs or Hubpages account as they're not your property to begin with. You can, however, sell any content to which you hold the copyright. But you can't sell it anywhere on HP as that would be classed as spamming, much the same as selling a laptop, phone or whatever.
    It's an interesting question, though. I guess valuing the content would be the most difficult. For example, you might sell me the content to a high-traffic hub. After the necessary unpublishing, de-indexing process and waiting, I start a new Hub and fill it with my newly purchased content and publish it as my Hub.
    But it's a brand new hub and URL. It's not going to get the traffic yours used to get - maybe for years. And there's no guarantee it ever will. My hub won't have all the back links and authority or maturity that yours built up over the years. And any illegal copies that people may have made of your hub will outrank mine in the search results.

You can always just leave them here. They don't need much maintenance if you've little time here.

8. psycheskinner profile image83

You can sell your account in that the name and SS# of the owner of the account can be changed to that of the new owner, and Hubpages has no history of objecting to that during the previous times it was discussed.

As with most online assets the value tends to be based on annual income.  In a stable environment you might pay 5-10x annual income, but in the current context I would expect no more than 2x annual income as that income is declining and might flatline, especially if the buyer does not do what is necessary to keep the content featured.

1. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 17 months ago in reply to this

That's right.  All the seller has to do is give the buyer his password and the answers to his security questions.

However, unless the account is making lots of money, it is unlikely to find a buyer.