jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

What is googleads.g.doubleclick?

1. lbrummer profile image94
    lbrummerposted 17 months ago

I’ve noticed a couple of times today, on Google Analytics, that the site    googleads.g.doubleclick.  net      in  the Top Referrals source.  When I googled that site it appears that it’s a redirect virus.   What can I do to get rid of it…..or should I not be concerned?  Does anyone know what it is, or does?

1. NateB11 profile image91
      NateB11posted 17 months ago in reply to this

I used to get a lot of traffic from there to my blogs but I've never been able to pin down exactly what it is. I've looked around the Web and people say various things about it; that it is actually traffic from Google ads, that it is a glitch from Google, that it's the ad program sending traffic to your site.

I don't think I get much traffic from it anymore. So, not sure what happened or what it is.

2. Blake Flannery profile image91
      Blake Flanneryposted 17 months ago in reply to this

It's likely that it is coming from the recommended hubs at the bottom of someone's hub. Hubpages gets to try out that feature and it's new. I know I started getting traffic from that source when they added those recommended hubs above the comments.

2. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 17 months ago

I think there is no need to be concerned about it. It is not any virus. It is a kind of tool integrated with Google adsense/ Google adwords. You sometimes get traffic through it and it is legal traffic, not any spam.

1. sallybea profile image95
      sallybeaposted 17 months ago in reply to this

That is reassuring as I have noticed them on Google real time stats.  I was concerned.

1. lbrummer profile image94
        lbrummerposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Thanks to you all for your answers.  I appreciate you taking the time.