jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Should HP introduce a Podcast Module?

1. Buildreps profile image94
    Buildrepsposted 20 months ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12567751_f520.jpg
    Since podcasting is booming. A copy of a Copyblogger newsletter:

- 17% of Americans have listened to a podcast in the last month (that’s 36 million people just in the U.S.A.) — a number that keeps growing.

- 10% of Americans have listened to a podcast in the last week — and of this group, the average person listens to six podcast episodes per week.

- Podcast consumers in the U.S. are much more affluent, educated, and likely to engage with brands via social media than the general population.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 19 months ago in reply to this

You have the option to embed a YouTube video that is audio with a still image or you can link to an MP3 file. You could also link to a site like SoundCloud.

Buildrepsposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the options, Matthew. I didn't realize that SoundCloud was an option as well. I'll keep it in mind.

2. paolaenergya profile image89
    paolaenergyaposted 20 months ago

I think it's a good suggestion - it all depends on whether this platform has the right technical specification to support audio files (sorry, I am not technical!).

The only downside of producing podcasts is the time investment: editing a podcast takes several hours, while writing an article tends to take less time.

Shall we ask Kim Kardashian to send a tweet to HubPages' CEO? She managed to get a reply from twitter's CEO Jack Dorsey with her suggestion of adding an editing feature to sent tweets smile

Buildrepsposted 20 months ago in reply to this

That might be a good idea, Paola! If you ask Kim Kardashian, I'll ask Queen Maxima smile

1. paolaenergya profile image89
        paolaenergyaposted 20 months ago in reply to this

Eh eh! "If you don't ask, you don't get"!

working