jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Top 10 Songs of 1972 in the UK

1. Richard-H profile image84
    Richard-Hposted 15 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Top 10 Songs of 1972 in the UK.

I've updated this a number of times and still it comes back unfeatured.

It's been around for over eight years and suddenly HP deems its quality as inferior.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

1. Elsie Hagley profile image80
      Elsie Hagleyposted 15 months ago in reply to this

You have a very interesting article about those "To 10 songs for 1972".
      My suggestion, move that Amazon product at the top down to the bottom of the hub, put another large photo of one of those singers that were singing in the 1972 and publish again, hopefully, you will make it this time.
      Also, give credit for the 1972 picture at the top.
      Happy days.

Richard-Hposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, I'll try that!

2. Richard-H profile image84
    Richard-Hposted 15 months ago

Unfortunately, that didn't work!

So, I've now deleted the only (relating) Amazon capsule to see if this has an effect.

(This is probably the 12th change I have made to this non-spammy hub!)

3. MelRootsNWrites profile image88
    MelRootsNWritesposted 15 months ago

Richard, I took a look at your hub.  I can't see anything that would cause it to be unfeatured unless it is the videos.  But, being a list of songs from a certain era it makes sense to include examples of each song.  It appears that you have enough introduction to each song that text shouldn't be a problem.

Did removing the Amazon capsule help?  One capsule shouldn't really be a problem.

Maybe some other hubbers will have some advice if it's still unfeatured.

Thanks for taking a look smile

The Hub is still in QAP so I'm not sure if removing the Amazon module has worked.

Strange thing is that I have one of these Hubs for each year of the decade and I've had to do the same thing to a couple of those - but without a problem!

4. janderson99 profile image85
    janderson99posted 15 months ago

Given that HP provides no advice on the cause of the problem the only option is to successively removed various elements one at a time and to re-submit. Keep all the bits. When you finally track down the cause - you can then add back the bits that were not a problem. This is a very inefficient process in terms of time and cost (reviewers), but it is forced upon us, especially when the reviewers go beyond the rule thresholds. HP doers not provide even a tiny hint as to the problem beyond spammy elements!!!

Thanks!

I'll give that a try if removing the Amazon module doesn't do the trick.

1. MelRootsNWrites profile image88
        MelRootsNWritesposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Richard, I did check your comments for links.  You might want to double check them.  I had a hub stuck in QAP once.  I fooled with it and fooled with it. I removed all links.  Then, I noticed one of the comments had a link to Pinterest.  I removed that comment and my problem went away.

Sometimes it really is hit and miss trying to figure this out.

2. Elsie Hagley profile image80
        Elsie Hagleyposted 15 months ago in reply to this

I like the picture you have added instead of the Amazon add. Has it been published yet?

5. livingelysian profile image88
    livingelysianposted 15 months ago

Richard, thanks for posting this topic. I have learned from the many of you who also replied. Namaste/

working